• 1 Post By lumberjack

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-25-2016, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Is this the one for me?

Hi all, not yet had a test ride but all the reviews I've read are only encouraging my interest.
I've joined the forum early in the hope of finding out as much as possible performance wise, comfort wise and everyday ride-ability of the Suzuki and any issues that I should be aware of?
My part-ex is a Versys 1000 LT which was the necessary replacement for the Z1000SX which was the upgrade from my CBF1000.
The CBF was fine in all areas apart from the smile factor which caused me to get the SX. While I could ride for hours on end on the CBF, I soon discovered that any longer than a hour on the SX caused me severe knee and leg pain hence the move to the Versys. Although so much more comfy than the SX, it is still quite a large beast and even at 6' I find her cumbersome in quite a few areas.
I've sat on the Suzuki in the showroom and felt quite comfy on it and I certainly think she is good looking, (similar to the SX if I'm honest) so I hope that the test ride (the dealer is more than happy for me to take a 3-4 hour ride) will make my mind up and hopefully in the meantime I can find out as much info as poss.
Thanks for reading and any views and opinions greatly welcome.
post #2 of 6 Old 04-25-2016, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
this bike is a beast. compared to the other nakeds, nothing will compare. It is lighter, faster, gets better MPG, and has better MPG. For the price, the GSX-S1000 is a steal !
post #3 of 6 Old 04-25-2016, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Motorcycle Ergonomics

If you compare the two motorcycles, it appears your arms are a little higher on the Gixxus, but very similar position as the SX. I think the Suzuki is an awesome price for the amount of bike you get. If the Suzuki causes severe leg/knee pain, I'd probably look at a FJ-09/FZ-09, the motor is stupid fun and the seating position might suit you better. But the Suzuki is just a better bike!
JeffroGymnast likes this.

'17 Husky 701 SM

post #4 of 6 Old 04-25-2016, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
i sold my zzr before i got my gsx-s-f , loved the bike but if i was on it for more than 2 hours i would be as stiff as a plank and sore wrists,a bit to do with being 50 i suppose lol, on the zuk when i do get home after a 2 hour spin i could just keep going for another 2 hours no prob no aches ar pains at all, love this bike even more than the big zzr
slothman likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-25-2016, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
I am coming from RR bikes as well. I think this Suzie will be a blast to ride and COMFY
post #6 of 6 Old 04-26-2016, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aderoberts View Post
Hi all, not yet had a test ride but all the reviews I've read are only encouraging my interest.
I've joined the forum early in the hope of finding out as much as possible performance wise, comfort wise and everyday ride-ability of the Suzuki and any issues that I should be aware of?
My part-ex is a Versys 1000 LT which was the necessary replacement for the Z1000SX which was the upgrade from my CBF1000.
The CBF was fine in all areas apart from the smile factor which caused me to get the SX. While I could ride for hours on end on the CBF, I soon discovered that any longer than a hour on the SX caused me severe knee and leg pain hence the move to the Versys. Although so much more comfy than the SX, it is still quite a large beast and even at 6' I find her cumbersome in quite a few areas.
I've sat on the Suzuki in the showroom and felt quite comfy on it and I certainly think she is good looking, (similar to the SX if I'm honest) so I hope that the test ride (the dealer is more than happy for me to take a 3-4 hour ride) will make my mind up and hopefully in the meantime I can find out as much info as poss.
Thanks for reading and any views and opinions greatly welcome.
Hello and Welcome,

Used to have a Z1000SX myself plus a GSR750, traded in the Z1000SX for a BMW K1600 and the GSR750 for the GSX-S1000. So I have experience of riding the Z1000SX.

If I honest I prefer the GSX1000 awesome bike with loads of power, my only concern is that on speeds above 80... You will know it! It does have a lot of buffering, but this is not the reason I bought the bike.. Bought it for blasting around twisties and around town and it's perfect! Leave the motorway driving to my tourer.

Recommend the bike and it feels much fast than the 1000SX!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page