Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Potential New Member

Quick Intro:

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 200 lbs (220+ with full gear)
Place: Alberta, Canada
Experience: Riding since 16
Past Rides: 50cc moped, 125 two stroke Yamaha, 500 cc Thumper retro, Yamaha 350 cc RD 350.
Also experience (but not owned): CBR 1000RR <-- love 1000 bikes and pretty comfortable riding on them
Current Ride: 2015 Honda CBR 500R (potentially wife's ride that I am simply breaking in )
Ride Style: Sporty (not street Rossi though). Love scrapping pegs and trail braking

Looking at 2016 FJ-09 and GSX-S 1000 very seriously. Will be using it for city commute and weekend trips. Wifey might ride her own CBR or join me as pillion very occasionaly.

Did test ride of Fj-09 twice. First time didn't like it much but second test ride after a gap of a month, found it pretty good.

Test rode GSX-S 1000 twice and like it well except that throttle issue. Are there any fixes already for it on brand new bike or shall I wait for 2017.

Questions: Based on above what you guys suggest. Should I pull the the trigger on 2016 GSX-S? Look somewhere else? or wait for 2017 (its Almost August and Winter is coming...)? Any other brand/bike suggestions or things members want to advice me here be highly appreciated.
post #2 of 3 Old 07-23-2016, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
Firstly welcome, not sure where you are from as it doesn't show on my phone but if you are near winter and will not be riding I would hold off to see what's around the corner or its only going to collect dust especially if you have a bike to still enjoy the odd ride.
The snatchy throttle is an easy fix with a g2 throttle tamer but the bike will stil have fuel imperfections but so will almost any new bike without fuel controllers or ECU flashes
Also if your going to do longer pillion rides your other half may not find the GSXS too comfortable as that seat is small and the pegs are high.
i don't pillion on this bike and I have a throttle tamer and it is perfect for my local commutes and long weekend rides and I currently would not prefer any other bike, although I have a Vstrom to fill the gaps but the GSXS is my bike of choice
Hope that helps but probably not
post #3 of 3 Old 08-17-2016, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up

Just wanted to give update and close loop - I finally bought a 2015 CBR 1000 RR ABS 3 weeks ago. Already 2100+ KMs on it. Not the most comfortable bike out there but I love it (as you can see from my original post). Have a great fun and safe ride there all of you.

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page