Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum

Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum (https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/)
-   New Members Introduction (https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/new-members-introduction/)
-   -   2016 GSX-S1000A Blue (https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/new-members-introduction/29610-2016-gsx-s1000a-blue.html)

m0n4g3 08-24-2016 12:28 PM

2016 GSX-S1000A Blue

6 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys!

Recently (about 2 months ago), bought a 2016 GSX-S1000A. Decided i liked the blue too much! :)

Mods so far:
Yoshimura slip-on
Instrument Cluster shield
R&G Fender Eliminator
Rizoma RRC Levers, Black with red adjusters
Rizoma Blue Lux grips
Rizoma Blue bar ends
Rizoma Black Circuit 851 mirrors
HEL Silver Braided brake lines
R&G Frame Sliders
R&G case savers
R&G Cotton reels
Bonamici Rearsets (on order should be arriving soon) - Anodised Black
Glass protection coating on the entire bike - Done by CleanRide in Western Australia.

Upcoming mods when i can get time:
Reflash by ECUWEST - ECUWEST 2016 GSX-S1000 Reflash
Suspension setup for a fat ******* like me (probably higher spring rates front and rear), and also setup sag, damper and rebound for me.
Tank protector of some description not sure what though.

So without further ado, some pics! The 3rd pic is of the R&G parts, i just didn't have a chance to put them on at the time, but got them glass coated as well. The fourth pic is the curing process of the glass coating. But it also shows off the grips, levers, mirrors and barends :)

The last pics shows off how much nicer the tank looks with the glass coating (ps it looks like this 24/7).

Anyway, thanks for reading!

m0n

ESXB0Y 08-24-2016 02:09 PM

Hello and welcome. Sweet ride! Nice selection of mods too.

Does the glass coating just make it easier to clean, or does it offer protection as well?

Jaked 08-24-2016 08:48 PM

Welcome. nice bunch of mods.

m0n4g3 08-24-2016 09:22 PM

Both. It offers protection against acid wear, and offers indirect protection from chips (as the surface has had a friction modifier applied to it, some stone chips are no longer able to "grab" paint). It won't 100% stop paint chips, but at least i'll know that i've done everything i can except for vinyl wrap (which would be a travesty to hide the nice shine and glow of the paint in blue!).

It also makes it insanely easy to clean. Just normal non pressurised hose down and blow dry if you can or just let it dry out of the way of dust. then just microfibre clean with product they supply you, in a single direction, no rotating motion or it introduces swirls.

I'll give it a wash soon and take some more pictures out in the lookouts of the hills in Western Australia.

ESXB0Y 08-24-2016 09:36 PM

Thanks for sharing, that sounds sweet. Is it a permanent coating, or does it only last for a certain period of time?

I know what you mean about the blue. I was originally wanting a black/red, but they had none in stock so went with the blue with a view to wrapping it in black. After just looking over her I wouldn't swap the blue for anything now! Gorgeous.

The easy to clean part sounds like a godsend if you aren't just a fair weather rider, the amount of muck the rear kicks up at the tail is excessive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0n4g3 (Post 182338)
Both. It offers protection against acid wear, and offers indirect protection from chips (as the surface has had a friction modifier applied to it, some stone chips are no longer able to "grab" paint). It won't 100% stop paint chips, but at least i'll know that i've done everything i can except for vinyl wrap (which would be a travesty to hide the nice shine and glow of the paint in blue!).

It also makes it insanely easy to clean. Just normal non pressurised hose down and blow dry if you can or just let it dry out of the way of dust. then just microfibre clean with product they supply you, in a single direction, no rotating motion or it introduces swirls.

I'll give it a wash soon and take some more pictures out in the lookouts of the hills in Western Australia.

m0n4g3 08-24-2016 10:38 PM

Yeah know what you mean about the rear kicking up muck. I had a GS500 for a year, and rode in the wet alot. Never did i get any road grime on my Ogio white backpack.

First ride in the wet on the GSX-S1000, and my backpack is half black now because of all the road grime being flicked onto it.

BTW it's a semi permanent coating. It's "guaranteed" for 7+ years if you use the good stuff. The guy that did it for me said if there's ANY issues with it, he will look after me for free as well (eg recoating areas that have faded etc).

BTW here's a pic of the plastic panels before and after (left is after, right is before).

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/d...pspfawrr6p.jpg

ESXB0Y 08-24-2016 11:45 PM

I thought my black Ogio was bad enough for showing the grime it got caked in, the white one would be real bad!

That's a decent guarantee for a paint coating. I like that it makes the plastics a bit darker too. That'll help prevent fading from UV as well, eh?

m0n4g3 08-25-2016 01:53 AM

I'm not too fussed about it to be honest... i know it's a riding backpack, so meh!

I'm not 100% sure on the preventing from UV fade, i'd hazard a guess it MIGHT help as it's a coating ontop of the plastics.

It's also done on the metals to help prevent corrosion.

Glass Paint Protection - Clean Ride*

*PS my bad, it does help with uv fade! :)

m0n4g3 09-20-2016 11:28 AM

So, a small little update.

Removed the baffle in the airbox, on the hunt for a BMC Air filter before Friday. Tonight i removed the exhaust, and a mate has taken it home so he can fab a new midpipe. It should sit just as the stock parts are, and he'll make a flange for it so that the stock parts can be put back on easily too.

Keeping the exhaust valve in, hoping it will keep the bike reasonable in terms of volume @ low down rpms and at idle.

I'm HOPING Friday i can drop the bike off for a ecu reflash tune! :)

Naked&Afraid 09-20-2016 11:49 AM

**** you guys get those clear flashers, we still get those silly orange ones...

how is the sound of the slip on? did it change anything at all?