LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-26-2016, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2016 GSX-S1000A Black and Red

Hello!
Joining the ranks from a heavily modified FZ-07 (suspension, full exhaust, ECU re-flash, tons of protection and aesthetic accessories - I like doing this and bike needed it - most of it ). I looked briefly at the natural upgrade path - the FZ-10, but I could not get past the flimsy feel that it exudes, especially for the money (here in Canada, it costs almost the same as a Tuono 1100RR, and there is no way I would chose the FZ-10 over a Tuono - in my opinion, the ultimate super-naked).

The Zook impressed me with the solid feel, excellent quality (that transmission feels like a precision instrument), the power, the sound and the relaxed, comfortable posture - I felt at home from the first second of my test ride! No throttle 'snatch' as of yet (only 250 km so far, keeping it below 5700 rpm, not sure if that prevented me from finding it). It looks awesome, I find, unmistakably Japanese, and the red-black just pops - inviting you to just stare. I have the rad guard and the tail, both from Evotech, and some CNC Racing LED turn signals on their way. I will get the suspension set-up done at the first service (letting it settle first - making sense?)

Extremely excited and happy to own what seems a tremendous bike for the money!
tonyt, Jaked and m0n4g3 like this.

Last edited by Manuel; 09-26-2016 at 05:44 PM.
post #2 of 7 Old 09-27-2016, 04:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Welcome aboard Manuel, you'll fit in just fine.
The GSXS seems popular in the Land of the Maple Leaf, you are not alone here.
I presume you have the F for the colder weather for your limited riding season?

No snatch, thanks excellent.
It lives between 2 -3000 rpm when coming off a closed throttle or been just idling along and squeeze the throttle grip a bit, but get more than you asked for.
You'd know if you had it !

Rob.
Manuel likes this.

Last edited by Slower and Slower; 09-27-2016 at 04:12 AM. Reason: this website was un responsive. Had to relog on again twice.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-27-2016, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Welcome Manuel.
Manuel likes this.

Getting up it for the rent

post #4 of 7 Old 09-27-2016, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys! She's naked and I like it like that. Part of the deal was the "accessory package" that comes with the small tank bag, the carbon tank pad, carbon side pads, pillion seat cowl, heel guard carbon covers, the small fly screen and the much needed rim decals - nice stuff, not all of it necessary, but since it was free, it's welcome. I have cleaned her nicely and gave her a nice polish and wax/sealant, just to make removing the bug guts easier - it works well so far. Working on breaking her in, I figured I'd stick to the manual recommendations for now. I probably have about a month left before she needs to go into hibernation, depending on how the weather will hold - she'll get some fresh oil before going to sleep, I figure I will be around the 1k km by then - we'll see.

Compared to my old FZ, she feels very refined and communicative. I like the slightly lighter steering, the stronger, solid, firm frame and of course, the power.
Moving it around the garage is a bit more challenging (heft and steering angle), but it's just a matter of adjusting to it - good workout . I got some Oxford bobbins from my local dealer - nothing fancy, but they work ok. I will need to get the proper pin (I think it is #5 ) for my Pit-Bull front lift and I'll be all set for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160924_105548.jpg (181.5 KB, 26 views)
tonyt likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-27-2016, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Hello and welcome from New Zealand. That's a sweet looking ride! Happy to hear another happy owner enjoying their motorcycle!

Manuel likes this.

2010 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter S
2016 Suzuki GSXS-1000
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
2007 Honda CBR600RR
2007 Hyosung GT250R
post #6 of 7 Old 09-28-2016, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Garage
Sometimes i wish i had gone the black and red, purely because getting tank pads is easy for the black and red. Having a blue one, you kinda want that blue to just pop so don't wanna cover it with anything...

ANYWAY!

Nice ride mate and welcome to the "club"!

2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 Blue
post #7 of 7 Old 09-28-2016, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks! Your bike rocks!

Well, I wanted the grey first, because that's how my FZ was. After seeing that deep shade of red in person, though, I had to have it...Rest is history.
All colors in the line-up are really nice, best seen in person, close, before deciding on any of them. Black is hard to keep intact (I have a black car too and I am a bit of paint care addict - a pain to keep in top shape), but well worth the efforts. The paint treatment I applied really enhances the colors, not to mention how much easier it is to clean now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page