LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 10-10-2016, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New to the GSX-S

Hi

I'm currently on a Triumph Explorer and seriously considering returning to a naked roadster. The GSX-S catches my eye more than any of the others. Before I take the plunge and order a new one, can you confirm that the fuelling issues have now been sorted out?

Cheers and hello

Jim
post #2 of 9 Old 10-10-2016, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Test ride one , on my 2015 f there is no snatch ...but it is sensitive....which you soon adjust too done 2000 miles fast rd and track in 7 wks . Kneedown no prob , get the sussies dialled in . Mega fast
post #3 of 9 Old 10-10-2016, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
It affects some worse than others. My throttle was a little snatchy when I first picked her up, but she is far better now she's got some k's under her belt. You can tune the stock ecu or add a piggyback unit like the PCV if the one you get (if you do decide to go down this wonderful route) to resolve the issue.

They are heaps of fun to ride and very rewarding.

Best advice is to go test ride one and see if you can walk away afterwards without buying it!

2010 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter S
2016 Suzuki GSXS-1000
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
2007 Honda CBR600RR
2007 Hyosung GT250R

post #4 of 9 Old 10-10-2016, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
after having my new ecu mine is much better, and if i leave it in tc3 it is nearly perfect ,
post #5 of 9 Old 10-10-2016, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the replies - I have yet to test ride one. I've tried the Yamaha MT-10 (very good), the BMW S1000R (also very good) and the Kawasaki Z1000 (vibey) and the Speedtriple S (uncomfortable) - the Suzuki is the last one on the list. Out of all those the MT-10 is probably the favourite but I'm concerned about it only getting 25-30 mpg according to the forums and the Suzuki is styled so much better.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-11-2016, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Welcome Jim.

Saw my first MT10 the other day.
It had been fitted with an exhaust that rattled the house tiles. And the rider of the Gray with highlighter lime wheels was speeding in a known 'non speeding' zone.
Sort of made sense for that sort of rider - but that super excessive exhaust note just tells the Police to get the Tickets out quick, there's one coming !
Really sounded like straight through pipes to be honest.

Once you get the GSXS1K Jim, the Trumpy will seem overly tall, fat and slow even with 1200 cc on board.
So be warned, as we True Believers here know which bike will be ridden the most.

Rob.

Last edited by Slower and Slower; 10-11-2016 at 06:13 AM.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-11-2016, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
I had a the Triamph as a loner when mine was in for a service.
Personally, I found it a very comfortable bike and easy to ride. But it was too soft and too lazy. I new I would get bored with it pretty soon.
I think the Suzy is slightly less comfy but is a better all rounder. It can be used for pootling along or given a bit of whelly.
Try one, I think you will like it

Pull my finger
post #8 of 9 Old 10-11-2016, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
Welcome Jim.

Saw my first MT10 the other day.
It had been fitted with an exhaust that rattled the house tiles. And the rider of the Gray with highlighter lime wheels was speeding in a known 'non speeding' zone.
Sort of made sense for that sort of rider - but that super excessive exhaust note just tells the Police to get the Tickets out quick, there's one coming !
Really sounded like straight through pipes to be honest.

Once you get the GSXS1K Jim, the Trumpy will seem overly tall, fat and slow even with 1200 cc on board.
So be warned, as we True Believers here know which bike will be ridden the most.

Rob.
Hi Rob

A lot of MT10 owners are removing the catalytic converter, which does 99% of the silencing, the trouble is when they remove it, it is just way too loud. It literally is straight through. Not my cup of tea. The problem is with the cat in place it is super quiet, too quiet in fact.
Slower and Slower likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-11-2016, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I had a the Triamph as a loner when mine was in for a service.
Personally, I found it a very comfortable bike and easy to ride. But it was too soft and too lazy. I new I would get bored with it pretty soon.
I think the Suzy is slightly less comfy but is a better all rounder. It can be used for pootling along or given a bit of whelly.
Try one, I think you will like it
Absolutely spot on there - too soft and too lazy is why I want to change it. Great bike nonetheless but it's not doing anything for me anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page