LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 Old 09-19-2017, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sigi View Post
Don't forget about engine alignment, what tire you should use, what's the best oil, what helmet do you wear.... welcome

Thanks. I have my flame stickers ready for the HP gain.
post #12 of 20 Old 09-19-2017, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxsdave View Post
Side profile of the F looks outstanding. Front not so much. I'm not a fan of the added weight of the F but I am concerned about the naked's comfort through the wind during higher speeds. Also, because they are so **** ugly I'd hope to get a better deal on an F. Or maybe a windscreen on a naked would be sufficient?
I think the F adds some down force to the front end at speed which may add some stability. Not sure... but in theory...
post #13 of 20 Old 03-30-2019, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I finally joined the GSXS family 1.5 years after my original post with my 2018 GSXS1000Z. 🙂

It's been almost a decade since I last rode anything. I made sure to practice in an empty lot nearby before I left the dealership during traffic hour. I'm glad I did because I almost dropped it when I stalled while practicing turning from a stop.

Day 1 impressions:

The throttle response is instant. I wouldn't call it a snatchy throttle (although I can see how someone else might), but it definitely requires a delicate touch.

The clutch pull is pretty **** heavy. Hopefully I can reposition it to a more comfortable position. I can see this getting tiring.

The riding position makes me feel like a sail. I'm finding myself forgetting to grip the tank which makes my arms lock up tiring them out. I feel like clip ons at least had me bending my elbows so that my arms wouldn't be tense. Maybe a windscreen would help but it's definitely like learning to ride all over again.

This bike feels light. Maybe it's the upright riding position but I don't recall my GSXR600 feeling this light.

And finally, the power. Holy smokes. I'm a little scared. I feel like I need to convince my wife to get a Grom "for her." XD

Here we go...
dekker, mike d and oldjackbob like this.

Last edited by gsxsdave; 03-30-2019 at 12:08 AM.

post #14 of 20 Old 03-30-2019, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Garage
Better late than never.

Blue Naked 2015 ABS model. PCV, Nitron Ntr-1 shock, MRA screen(modified) Puig crash bungs, HEL lines and EBC-HH pads, job done. (Riding since 1959.)
post #15 of 20 Old 04-12-2019, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Got a chance to take it out again. This time I felt far more comfortable like the old days with the help of two changes. The first was that I gave it more throttle when easing out the clutch at a stop which gave me more confidence at takeoffs. The second was that I leaned my body position forward a bit which made my arms nice and relaxed.

On a side note, I'm not sure if it's because it was a very windy day but the wind buffeting at speeds above 65 mph is crazy. I feel like I'm going to fly off at times. Kind of wish I had gone with the F model but hopefully the Powerbronze windscreen i ordered will help once installed.
post #16 of 20 Old 04-13-2019, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I thank myself every time I get on the highway with my F model.
post #17 of 20 Old 04-13-2019, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Garage
Wind buffeting is real on the naked. I didn't reinstall my mra screen after pulling the heated grips recently, forgot how much it knocked me around. Like the look though
post #18 of 20 Old 04-13-2019, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
I put a Puig screen on my naked and it made a big difference in comfort, more than I thought it would. It takes the pressure off your chest.

I don't really think about wind blast much anymore, but I rarely go on the interstate. I ride mostly country roads between 40-80 mph, wind blast is not an issue. I do however like to twist the throttle far on a straight back country rode and usually see about 130 mph. The only thing on my mind at that speed is how stupid strong this engine is above 8K and i better back off and start braking for the left hander rapidly approaching haha
post #19 of 20 Old 04-13-2019, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I decided to return the Powerbronze 270mm. Although it looks nicer than I thought it would, I feel like I'd be happier with the taller MRA touring screen because I want to be comfortable, **** it.
post #20 of 20 Old 04-13-2019, 04:20 PM

Garage
MRA Racing on my f.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MRA Racing.jpg (99.4 KB, 9 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page