LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 10-03-2017, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New gsxs1000 owner!

Hello all,

I am new to this forum as I am new to owning a 2016 gsxs1000. I absolutely love the bike so far and I just purchased three days ago. Mine is all stock minus a tail tidy and I need to change the exhaust immediately as well as remove these ridiculous mirrors haha. Any suggestions on bar end mirrors? And I don't really want to fork out the 1000 + for a full exhaust system just yet so was hoping someone here could give me some advice on a good looking slip on that could help a little with the sound. I know keeping the cat is not going to allow much change but for now I need to change that stock exhaust it drives me nuts! Thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to meeting some new people as well as learning some things along the way..
post #2 of 26 Old 10-03-2017, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Garage
HI, Welcome.

I have CRG arrow bar end mirrors and they are awesome.

Slip on won't make much difference to the sound as 90% of the silencing is done by the cat and the large muffler under the bike, the cheapest and most effective mod, for both sound and performance is to get a decat pipe made to replace the cat and muffler and leave the slip-on alone .

GSX-S1000 Exhaust System upgrade ? Suzuki GSX-S
post #3 of 26 Old 10-03-2017, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketPaul View Post
HI, Welcome.

I have CRG arrow bar end mirrors and they are awesome.

Slip on won't make much difference to the sound as 90% of the silencing is done by the cat and the large muffler under the bike, the cheapest and most effective mod, for both sound and performance is to get a decat pipe made to replace the cat and muffler and leave the slip-on alone .

GSX-S1000 Exhaust System upgrade ? Suzuki GSX-S
Thank you those mirrors do look great! So does your bike! I will be going to a friend of mine who has a weld shop and have him weld me a replacement pipe for the cat. That link was great information! Thanks again!
PhuketPaul likes this.

post #4 of 26 Old 10-03-2017, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
So i just ordered the CRG lanesplitters because i have a tight garage and the ability to fold the mirrors in is a plus for me. I can pick up a full M4 exhaust for 850 at my local BS but according to the website a tune is not necessary but recommended. The closest shop to me with a dyno is about 2 hours away. Has anyone installed the full M4 without a tune and if so what type of gains or symptoms did they get? FYI i do plan on getting a tune but probably not for a couple weeks after the exhaust install. -Thanks!
post #5 of 26 Old 10-03-2017, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Welcome wheelz96 I also got the lane splitters love em. Enjoy the ride..
post #6 of 26 Old 10-03-2017, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdeniro0 View Post
Welcome wheelz96 I also got the lane splitters love em. Enjoy the ride..
Good to hear! Yea I'm enjoying this bike more and more everyday!

Keep it rubber side down!
post #7 of 26 Old 10-03-2017, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Garage
The CRG LaneSplitters are fantastic. I had them on my last bike. I have an F and am staying stock with this bike because I actually like them.
I agree with PhucketPaul about the exhaust, and I'm surprised that it's "driving you nuts". This ain't a Harley!
I've listened to enough clips and decided unless you want to replace the whole thing, you won't gain much in sound. Besides... the stock sound is better than 99% of the bikes out there and better than any other bike I've owned, so I'm sticking with it. Louder really isn't better IMHO.
G-Dub likes this.
post #8 of 26 Old 10-03-2017, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz96 View Post
So i just ordered the CRG lanesplitters because i have a tight garage and the ability to fold the mirrors in is a plus for me. I can pick up a full M4 exhaust for 850 at my local BS but according to the website a tune is not necessary but recommended. The closest shop to me with a dyno is about 2 hours away. Has anyone installed the full M4 without a tune and if so what type of gains or symptoms did they get? FYI i do plan on getting a tune but probably not for a couple weeks after the exhaust install. -Thanks!
You can install a full M4 without a tune but you won't get the full benefits ,but don't remove the dB killer - it will not run properly at low revs without a substantial tune
post #9 of 26 Old 10-04-2017, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
The CRG LaneSplitters are fantastic. I had them on my last bike. I have an F and am staying stock with this bike because I actually like them.
I agree with PhucketPaul about the exhaust, and I'm surprised that it's "driving you nuts". This ain't a Harley!
I've listened to enough clips and decided unless you want to replace the whole thing, you won't gain much in sound. Besides... the stock sound is better than 99% of the bikes out there and better than any other bike I've owned, so I'm sticking with it. Louder really isn't better IMHO.
All the reviews on the lane splitters are great! I'm excited to try them! I have already ordered a full M4 exhaust and i can honestly say how i do think the sound is great for a cat and stock muffler. This is my 5th bike and i have never owned one without a full system so it must just be how i'm programmed! Im not just going for sound, but for performance and yes i'll admit, looks!
mike d likes this.
post #10 of 26 Old 10-04-2017, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketPaul View Post
You can install a full M4 without a tune but you won't get the full benefits ,but don't remove the dB killer - it will not run properly at low revs without a substantial tune
Thanks for the input! I will be installing the system this weekend and i will be getting a tune in the next couple weeks just want to make sure i don't hurt the sexy girl!

Keep it rubber side down!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page