LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 10-16-2017, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New happy owner

Hi to all Suzuki GSXS1000 riders,

I am Steve. I have never posted any threads but always read and learned the useful information that you guys contribute on this forum.
I have been a fan of Suzuki GSXS1000 since it first introduced in 2014-2015 and just 2weeks ago i made a purchase of a brand new 2016 left over red, naked GSXS1000 ... Yeah I know it is a slower version but it suits my riding style perfectly as I am also …slow. I do not ride much but cannot stop smiling every time on it. I am still stocked. What a BEAST!
I have already done some basic modifications. I read some Full Exhaust System options posts.

One of the choices is Arrow: Headers/mid pipe only - $713 to $740 (ebay) - replaces stock headers and mid pipe. Keeps O2 sensor bung. Can be used with stock end can (very loud) or theoretically with any aftermarket slip on that fits the stock mid pipe. 4-2-1
design.

I am not really after more HP (a bonus if it does) but just a bit louder rumble (not obnoxiously)
So are these below the right parts for a simple system with Arrow Headers/Mid pipe and stock End Can!

-Suzuki GSX-S 1000 2016 Racing Headers Arrow 71628MI (with CO but without OXYGEN sensor plug)
-Suzuki GSX-R 1000 2007 Exhaust Port Gaskets 14181-46E00 (for better fit)

The throttle has little snatch that I can manage fine. I do not want PC5 or ECU re flash.
Is that all I need? Must I have eliminators for exhaust valve and o2 sensor etc.? (I am mechanically illiterate so do not know exactly what these mean or how they actually work)
I would appreciate if anyone could drop in to give me some more advises or instructions before I purchase those parts and get them fitted?

I thank you in advance.
post #2 of 10 Old 10-16-2017, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Hi Steve!

Yes, you will need the eliminators -

HealTech Exhaust Servo Eliminator for GSX-S1000 15-16 01091615_ESE-S01
Oxygen Sensor O2 Eliminator - GSXS GSR750 GSX650F GSF650 Bandit 1250s VL1500 C90 | eBay

You'll also want to remove the EXVA servo motor while installing the servo eliminator - https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/exhaus...abs-model.html Using a stand that lets the rear wheel hang (such as Abba or similar) will make this job real easy.

Last edited by dima_cnj; 10-16-2017 at 11:18 AM.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-16-2017, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
You may not want a pcv or ecu flash but you will need to address fueling somehow if you change the exhaust. Not doing so will likely make it run less smooth, especially at idle. If you have more air flowing the bike may be starving for fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 10 Old 10-16-2017, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
So what else is needed? if i now want pcv for smooth fuelling. I am just after a louder grunt.
Thank you
post #5 of 10 Old 10-16-2017, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Hi Steve,
Welcome Mate,
But just cut out this nonsense about the Naked Red & Black being slow. Those other colour bikes don't deserve a leg up from us True Believers, it will just go to their heads so don't encourage them.
You may think your slow now , but the GSXS will make younger blood in your vein's flow faster than you think, all packed full of 'go faster Steve' red cells.
Also, I am at the very end of the Slow queue, Postman Pat beats me every day to the Letter Box on his Honda 110cc red bike.

Rob.
unload likes this.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-16-2017, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I gather your advises that if i fit Arrow headers/ mid pipe but keep the stock exhaust then i only need Oxygen sensor O2 eliminator. The removal of set valve motor and installation of pcv (in case of after market exhausts) are optional?
Would my understanding be correct?
Again, your input have been very helpful on this great forum that makes people like me enjoy their bikes a lot more with deeper knowledge.
Thank you
post #7 of 10 Old 10-16-2017, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Rob,
I have not got a chance to race our local postman yet!
but with my full face helmet on i am safe from those magpies around my place (not easy to out run them ...)
And YEAH!!! up 1 for the Naked Red&Black team.
Cheers, Mate
post #8 of 10 Old 10-17-2017, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by An_Old_Suz View Post
I gather your advises that if i fit Arrow headers/ mid pipe but keep the stock exhaust then i only need Oxygen sensor O2 eliminator. The removal of set valve motor and installation of pcv (in case of after market exhausts) are optional?
Would my understanding be correct?
Again, your input have been very helpful on this great forum that makes people like me enjoy their bikes a lot more with deeper knowledge.
Thank you
Hi Steve.Welcome Aboard
I know you are only after more growl but if you change the headers, even keeping the stock muffler, you will still be changing the engine back pressure. This will make the bike run lean and you could burn your exhaust valves out.
I would strongly advise you at least get a PC5 with auto tuning to go with the changes or take the bike to a tuners afterwards and have the ECU flashed. It would be a shame to damage your new toy for only doing half a job.

Pull my finger
post #9 of 10 Old 10-17-2017, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Is the Arrow headers/ mid pipe system' dimension suitable with auto tune? are there any physical adjustments required such as sensor, valve or adapters to fit??? ( mechanically illiterate )
Thank you
post #10 of 10 Old 10-18-2017, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
You will certainly need to remove the cables that run from EXVA/SET servo motor to the valve. In order to do that, you would need to take off the motor and there is no point of installing it back.

I have done the Arrow install last week and I've got some idle hunting with Remus muffler even with the dB killer insert in. It is not critical and I will live with it until the bike goes for the ECU dyno tune (soon). It does sound badass, you won't be disappointed

If you want to keep riding while making the mods, you can install the O2 eliminator, the servo eliminator and the headers on separate days. You will need to reinstall the spring to keep the SET valve open if you decide to ride with the old exhaust and the servo removed. Get another 12mm O2 sensor plug to use in the old exhaust if you plan to remove the O2 sensor before doing anything else, that copper washer is not supposed to be reusable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page