LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-30-2017, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hi from West Oz

Hi all
Seriously considering the new GSXS1000Z, always loved a blacked out bike. I took a long test ride on the first version of the GSXS1000 but something just didn't feel right about it for me - not sure whether it was the fuelling or the 'buzziness' overall. I see one of the claims Suzuki made is they have improved the fuelling for the 2018, so if they have done that, I think I will be sold. Currently ride a GSX1400 and love that bike, so it will have to be good to tempt me away!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GSX 07.jpg (237.6 KB, 12 views)
post #2 of 4 Old 11-30-2017, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Hi Mate,
I had one of the 1400's too. Pity Suzuki didn't spent some money like Yam did it their XJR1300 equivalent to keep it in the Dogalogue.
It was excellent handling grunty bike and well liked by many here.
That bike is very smooth from memory and the feeling that Suzuki wanted for the GSXS was a more busy race bike motor reflecting that something would happen once you twist the throttle. A caged animal just waiting to spring - so you should realise you buying into a different sensation with the GSXS1K.

The GSXS750 motor is more like the 1400 in character, but is nowhere as powerful in acceleration time (GSXS1000 or 1400), but handles very well all the same.
Perhaps a test ride on a 750 would be a worthwhile trip if you can find a demo in WA and save a few Dollars ? I ridden one and it is different to the 1000, not just scaled down, more a softer bike as against hard edged. In the 3 Bears, the 750 is Teenager Baby Bear, the 1000 Mummy Bear who likes the dance floor and the GSXR1000 is a growling Daddy Bear.

Rob.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-30-2017, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the reply Rob, like your analogy!

post #4 of 4 Old 11-30-2017, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Hi mate I am not sure if the newer bikes has any of the fueling problems you talk about. But putting that aside the bike you have is NOTHING like the GSXS1000. Your bike is old school and has loads torque, plenty of power comfortable and suitable for two up as well. They really are a classic now.
The GSXS is much more sporty, fast twitchy (in comparison) and has lots less torque then your ride. It's also shorter wheelbase. I could only think of the comparison almost as extreme as my 2013 Hayabusa to these newer GSXS-1000's. The only thing I could say that's similar to your bike is the Suzuki badge and maybe the fact that's it's upright riding position.
In saying all that before my last bike (Ninja H2) I had a couple of Hayabusa's, and even though they are Suzuki's the ride from the GSX-S1000 is entirely different.
Hope this helps and good luck!
Jeffro

Last edited by Jeffro; 11-30-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page