LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-17-2017, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hello from Mid-West USA

Hello Guys & Gals!

Picked up a 2016 GSXS1000 ABS a couple days ago. Red/Black, from reading the forum, looks like I got the fast one haha! Lots of good info on this forum. Helped me make my decision. Breaking-in by the book, what a pain trying to keep this thing under 6k-ish rpm. Maybe got 60 miles on her now. Havenít noticed any kind of choppy on/off throttle issues. Looking into Puig shield and maybe a tail-tidy but trying to keep her stock...haha
Iíve rode for many years and sold the harley a couple months ago. Lots of bike here for the buck. Canít wait for the weather to warm up some.

Thanks again Forum for all the great info!
LEAVEITSTOCK and unload like this.
post #2 of 8 Old 12-17-2017, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Congratulations and welcome aboard the forum!
I wouldn't worry too much about revving the engine above what Suzuki recommends. I still believe that the engine should be looked after but not to the extent that manufacturers make out these days. The engines are run after manufacture and to a degree I think they are basically ready to go, however I wouldn't rev and engine to redline for some time. Perhaps progressively winding the engine up to around 8 or 9 thousand revs wont hurt during the first thousand or so kms.
Puig makes some nice shields and I like their quality as I have had good experience with them. Tail tidy is a must on this bike, look at the Evotec brand they are the best quality and after installation there are no "holes" or evidence it's not from the factory like that. They also make a great Radiator guard which I also have & can vouch for.
Anyway enjoy the new bike it's very different to your last one!
Cheers
Jeffro

Last edited by Jeffro; 12-17-2017 at 10:05 PM.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-17-2017, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Welcome and congrats. You read wrong, the blue one is faster.
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.

post #4 of 8 Old 12-17-2017, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
Congratulations and welcome aboard the forum!
I wouldn't worry too much about revving the engine above what Suzuki recommends. I still believe that the engine should be looked after but not to the extent that manufacturers make out these days. The engines are run after manufacture and to a degree I think they are basically ready to go, however I wouldn't rev and engine to redline for some time. Perhaps progressively winding the engine up to around 8 or 9 thousand revs wont hurt during the first thousand or so kms.
Puig makes some nice shields and I like their quality as I have had good experience with them. Tail tidy is a must on this bike, look at the Evotec brand they are the best quality and after installation there are no "holes" or evidence it's not from the factory like that. They also make a great Radiator guard which I also have & can vouch for.
Anyway enjoy the new bike it's very different to your last one!
Cheers
Jeffro
Good Info, Thanks Jeff
post #5 of 8 Old 12-17-2017, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
I second the recommendation for the Evotech radiator guard. Solid unit that looks great. I have the clear Puig windshield. Takes some wind blast off your torso and the clear just blends in with the bike. Both the Puig and Evotech are a bit expensive for what they are, but are worth it. The mounting for both looks factory.

Get yourself a paddock stand and swingarm bobbins to make chain and rear wheel/tire/brake maintenance easier. That belt drive Harley had one benefit you will miss as you are cleaning and lubing your chain every 500 miles haha
post #6 of 8 Old 12-19-2017, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Welcome and i can confirm you indeed got the fast one!
post #7 of 8 Old 12-19-2017, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastButtons View Post
Hello Guys & Gals!

Picked up a 2016 GSXS1000 ABS a couple days ago. Red/Black, from reading the forum, looks like I got the fast one haha! Lots of good info on this forum. Helped me make my decision. Breaking-in by the book, what a pain trying to keep this thing under 6k-ish rpm. Maybe got 60 miles on her now. Havenít noticed any kind of choppy on/off throttle issues. Looking into Puig shield and maybe a tail-tidy but trying to keep her stock...haha
Iíve rode for many years and sold the harley a couple months ago. Lots of bike here for the buck. Canít wait for the weather to warm up some.

Thanks again Forum for all the great info!
Where are you located in Midwest.. I am in Missouri ( Robertsville, Mo area )

Kevin Reinhold
AKA Dragunslayer
2016 GSX-S1000F ABS
St. Louis Mo. Area
ďAn APEX is a terrible thing to Waste!!!!Ē
post #8 of 8 Old 12-20-2017, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Welcome! Maybe we can ride together once the bikes come out of hibernation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page