• 1 Post By RobertO

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 05-03-2018, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
newby / old guy in Corpus Christi

Been reading through the forums for a couple of weeks now and thought I'd register up. Got my 92 FZR 1000 in the shop getting the carbs run through after a lengthy out of use period and in the meantime just purchased a new 2018 GSX S1000F so I could have an optional bike a bit more suited to longer stretches in the saddle, as the older bones have lost a touch of flexibility. So far I'm liking it. Took a few outings to dial in to the abrupt throttle response on this little jewel but it corners like a slot car. Already had a tail tidy kit on order before picking the new bike up and installed it promptly. Looks much better. I'm still in the process of deciding which mirrors I'd like to entertain installing as I'm not particularly keen on the stockers. May end up with some folding bar ends if I can find some that provide a decent peak behind. Anyway I look forward to more reading a research around the forums and may pipe in from time to time. Cheers to all.
post #2 of 9 Old 05-04-2018, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Welcome Aboard
These bikes must be 2 a penny in Texas. We've got quite a few Lads on the forum from the Lone Star State.

Pull my finger
post #3 of 9 Old 05-04-2018, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome. Are you a member on TWTex.com? If not, join up and stretch your legs and meet up at one of the monthly pie runs!

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F

post #4 of 9 Old 05-04-2018, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjasen View Post
Welcome. Are you a member on TWTex.com? If not, join up and stretch your legs and meet up at one of the monthly pie runs!

Thanks GJ. Not a member but will check it out. One of the local shops here sponsors fun runs occasionally but haven't partaken lately as my Fizzer has been OOC. Plan to do some catching up though.
gixxerjasen likes this.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-04-2018, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Welcome Aboard
These bikes must be 2 a penny in Texas. We've got quite a few Lads on the forum from the Lone Star State.

Not quite. Everything is bigger here in Texas, although it seems my wallet didn't get the memo. Arizona had some crazy deals going when I was tracking one these jewels down but I was too lazy to rack the miles up to go get one.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-04-2018, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertO View Post
Been reading through the forums for a couple of weeks now and thought I'd register up. Got my 92 FZR 1000 in the shop getting the carbs run through after a lengthy out of use period and in the meantime just purchased a new 2018 GSX S1000F so I could have an optional bike a bit more suited to longer stretches in the saddle, as the older bones have lost a touch of flexibility. So far I'm liking it. Took a few outings to dial in to the abrupt throttle response on this little jewel but it corners like a slot car. Already had a tail tidy kit on order before picking the new bike up and installed it promptly. Looks much better. I'm still in the process of deciding which mirrors I'd like to entertain installing as I'm not particularly keen on the stockers. May end up with some folding bar ends if I can find some that provide a decent peak behind. Anyway I look forward to more reading a research around the forums and may pipe in from time to time. Cheers to all.
Welcome and enjoy the bike!
post #7 of 9 Old 05-04-2018, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome!

Gassssssss........................
post #8 of 9 Old 05-04-2018, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome RobertO. I think the F is a fantastic, versatile bike for anyone. I love mine.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-04-2018, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Welcome RobertO. I think the F is a fantastic, versatile bike for anyone. I love mine.

Yea Mike... As I'm sure you're aware ...bikes are like shoes...some fit ..some don't. So far I'm liking it a lot. Thanks for the welcome.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page