post #1 of 10 Old 05-30-2018, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Soon to be owner from Hungary

Hi All!

Been lurking this forum for a while now, decided it was time to introduce myself.

I've been riding a 2003 Yamaha FZS600 for quite a while now and decided that it was time for an upgrade. Being 32 and a restrained rider I'm not concerned about the hike in power, so looking at the liter-class of naked as it has been a dream of mine.

I've considered three bikes: Honda CB1000R (earlier model), Kawasaki Z900 and of course the Suzuki. During the winter months I've read a lot about them. Possibly too much, as one could learn more from a bike by simply test riding it as I did with all three.

The Honda was nice, but unnecessarily tall (high COG), heavy and couldn't find one with a good verifiable background. I really liked the Kawasaki for its nimbleness and good turning radius, but not its riding position and the official dealers here aren't flexible at all (no test ride, no room for negotiation on price = no sale in my book). However, as soon as I hopped on the Suzuki, it was a done deal.

I love the seating position, the comfort, the sound and the power. The two Suzuki test bikes I've ridden were perfectly controllable even coming from my lowly 95bhp machine. Hopefully I'll be ordering one later next week. Not sure about the color yet - red or blue. The white-red is a bit eclectic for my taste while the matte black tends to just disappear and get scorching hot at the sun.

I'm glad to become a member here and let me thank all of you for your discussions as I've read a lot and learned from them. I'll be popping a few questions of my own at the appropriate topics as well.

Regards,

Miklós
unload likes this.
post #2 of 10 Old 05-30-2018, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome Miklos, looks like you're getting the naked version, good choice.
Quote:
Being 32 and a restrained rider
Not sure how long you will remain a "restrained rider" as this bike does not encourage restraint, quite the opposite actually.

Blue Naked 2015 ABS model. PCV, Nitron Ntr-1 shock, MRA screen(modified) Puig crash bungs, HEL lines and EBC-HH pads, job done. (Riding since 1959.)
post #3 of 10 Old 05-30-2018, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
well you picked the cream of the crop

post #4 of 10 Old 05-30-2018, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Welcome! You picked the right bike
post #5 of 10 Old 05-30-2018, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome and congratulations for the choice. The suzuki gsx s 1000 will not disappoint you!

Gassssssss........................
post #6 of 10 Old 05-30-2018, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome! I think you'll be very happy with your choice.
post #7 of 10 Old 06-01-2018, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Yesterday I went ahead and ordered one. L8 red/black naked ABS version with a nice discount. Now the waiting game begins, dealer said 3 weeks minimum for delivery, registration, etc. Trading in the Yamaha, for an unexpectedly generous price. Very excited!

In the meantime I'll pay a visit to SW Motech for frame sliders, front/back axle protectors, mirror extensions (I have quite wide shoulders, esp. with armor), side stand foot extension (I found it quite reassuring for parking on uneven terrain) and LR3 messenger bag. Eventually I think I'll also get the Blaze panniers.

Of the original parts the dealer will install rear axle bobbins, tank cover, side covering film for the tank and protective film for the back. Otherwise I plan to leave it stock.
dekker likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-15-2018, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
He is mine. Still awaiting a licence plate and MOT, hopefully I can pick him up next week. Heartwarming to see 000000 on the odo (0.3 km total...) I'm excited like a little boy at Christmas.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
dekker and mike d like this.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-16-2018, 03:22 AM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
beautiful bike scheme. Dig the red a lot. Only thing that sticks out to me is that silver exhaust shield and grey exhaust tip thingy. Thought about painting those black?
post #10 of 10 Old 06-18-2018, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
beautiful bike scheme. Dig the red a lot. Only thing that sticks out to me is that silver exhaust shield and grey exhaust tip thingy. Thought about painting those black?
Thank you. No, the silver exhaust does not bother me at all, it gives some aerial vibe to the bike. What I'm not exactly sure of are the golden forks, they just look out of place IMHO. Now I wouldn't mind painting them black like on the Z variant.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page