LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 06-21-2018, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
GSX-S 1000Y owner from France

Hello everybody

My name is Theo, I live in France and for almost one week now, I'm the owner of a brand new GSX-S 1000Y

Here's the bike with 0km, the day I went to get it from the dealership :

I've done ~700km wth it for the moment, and I'm really pleased of my choice
Before that bike I had a GSR 600 that I ended up tired of after 2 years. And before that I had a CB500F (my first bike)

I also have in the garage a 675 Daytona for track use only. That bike made me progress a lot in mechanical tasks, as I ended up disassembling the whole bike, changing the engine after a complete reconstruction, and reassembling the entire bike, all alone !

I'm here to get information about that bike, technical problems, solutions, tutorials, etc.
I like to know my bikes and I already got some interestings data from here so I though I'd join the community
post #2 of 13 Old 06-21-2018, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome Theo, great choice of bike.

Blue Naked 2015 ABS model. PCV, Nitron Ntr-1 shock, MRA screen(modified) Puig crash bungs, HEL lines and EBC-HH pads, job done. (Riding since 1959.)
post #3 of 13 Old 06-21-2018, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome! I love the color, especially with the blacked out parts and the red wheels!

post #4 of 13 Old 06-21-2018, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Thats pretty cool. what other colors does France get? In America we have, blue black, and all black. Think thats it.

Never seen that color before.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-21-2018, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
You've come to the right place! Awesome color scheme! The red-wheels remind me of the Ducati Supersport. I wish we had something like that in the States, though the blacked-out Z. Was there an F-version of the Y? FY? :P

I wish we had all the fairing kits like CBR1000RR's on eBay... I'd change fairings like I change shoes
post #6 of 13 Old 06-22-2018, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Thats pretty cool. what other colors does France get? In America we have, blue black, and all black. Think thats it.

Never seen that color before.
For 2015/2016/2017 there was 3 colors available : all blue, red/black and matt grey
you can see them here : GSX-S1000 - MillÚsime 2016 | Suzuki Moto (click on "COLORIS" to see all colors)

And for 2018 we have blue/black and red/black, and two "special colors" : full matt black "Z" model and white/red/black "Y" model, both have a black exhaust.
you can see them here : GSX-S1000 - MillÚsime 2018 | Suzuki Moto (click on "COLORIS" to see all colors)

At first I wanted a classic red/black, but the white/red/black is really beautiful, the black is glittery, the white has small blue sparkles in it, and I love the red wheels !
post #7 of 13 Old 06-22-2018, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phot0n View Post
Was there an F-version of the Y? FY? :P

No, there isn't but we have a Z model, and a all white model
for 2018 we have blue/black, red/black, all white, and a special color full black "Z" model. The "special colors" are +200€, as an option.
you can see them here after clicking "COLORIS" : GSX-S1000F - MillÚsime 2018 | Suzuki Moto
post #8 of 13 Old 06-22-2018, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
The matte-black (YKV) with red-lettering is beautiful. Reminds of the of new black CBR1000RR. I've pondered trying to order the YKZ fairings from Suzuki and transforming my Red/Black F into a matte-black F, but it gets pretty expensive and I couldn't find all the parts on the OEM supply websites. I think the red powder coated wheels might look nice, though. Hmmm.. time to test that with some photoshopping!
post #9 of 13 Old 06-25-2018, 04:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Hi Theo,
Welcome aboard.
Thanks for your links to the French Suzi Site, I have copied a chart of engine HP/Torque comparison between 2016 and 2018 motors from the site.
The latest bike engine curve looks smoother than the older one and hints that Suzuki have tidied up the engine mapping a fair bit, and together with those mods to the engine mechanical lower innards make it look interesting.

Rob.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GSXS1000 2016 - 2018.jpg (37.5 KB, 20 views)
post #10 of 13 Old 06-29-2018, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I also bought the Y edition a few weeks ago, absolutely love it. Get a lot of comments and looks for sure.

It's weird that you can't get the Y in the states but in Canada you can.
It's the same price as the Z blacked out version. About 200 bucks more than the basic colours.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page