9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 07-03-2018, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
to GSX or not to GSX

Hi Suzuk owners, there is a great variety of owners here, so am hoping you can all help. wanted a Gsx for some time but was put off by the poor fueling (the report of) and by dealers who knew very little, and seemed to care very little. So here is issue, have owned many bikes, and currently own a zx14, really looking seriously at a Gsx, but am concerned I may be disappointed by fueling issue. Has anyone else owned a large capacity bike (zx14..ish) and moved to the Suzuk? Had zx10, then fz 09, currently have Z900.. great bikes but kind of leave you lacking, Zx14 has tremendous power but is also a big bike. I am in my 50's and am not looking for a lay over race bike, but still enjoy the power and the look. Anyways, look forward to some replies.

thanks in advance!
post #2 of 25 Old 07-03-2018, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
fueling issue can be fixed. get what you like most.
post #3 of 25 Old 07-03-2018, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Garage
The fueling issue varies bike to bike. Mine is fine. I love it, and the ergo's are one of the bikes real strengths, but it does everything well.
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.

post #4 of 25 Old 07-03-2018, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
fueling issues dont seem to bother me..dont feel snatch anymore you learn to ride keeping pressure on the throttle open...never getting to the point where your closing throttle fully....problem gone........others issues you ride around without realize your doing it ...bike is smooth ride all day long....enough power to keep you honest,,,,,soften the suspension bike rides great and highway speeds to top end very stable.....so i say what problems ,,all thats talked about on forum with fueling all went away after a few thousands miles.....go buy the beast youll love it.....
mike d likes this.
post #5 of 25 Old 07-03-2018, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
awesome, thanks for the feedback.
appreciate that.
post #6 of 25 Old 07-03-2018, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
one more question, Heat is an issue for my 14, not on open road, but around town fan is always going. is that an issue for the "S" or the "F" models?
post #7 of 25 Old 07-03-2018, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage
I have a hayabusa and the GSX, love them both. If it has a fueling issue, only some do, $200 flash and it's solved. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I'm 50 years old and the upright position is so much better.
robdeniro0 likes this.

Slow is fast
post #8 of 25 Old 07-03-2018, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
i had a big zzr before getting my gsxs-f, loved the zzr but as a all rounder my f is better, speed wise up to about 110 mph the zook is just about as fast but then the zzr walks away, handling in my opinion is better on the zook,as for heat my zook doesn't heat up much , no more or less then the zzr,comfort wise the zook wins hands down ,after a big spin on the zzr i was always glad to put her away for a bit but on the zook just want to keep spinning lol.i nearly bought a new zzr but bought the gsxsf instead and glad i did. And the zook feels so much lighter chuck it about so much easier. my throttle is a bit twitchy but nothing to put me off, the zzr was more smother on the throttle but i still rather the zook.

Last edited by lumberjack; 07-03-2018 at 05:16 PM.
post #9 of 25 Old 07-03-2018, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
I own a ZX-10R and FZ-09. Sold the Fz-09 and bought the GSXS without a test ride. I took all slack out of the throttle cable under the tank and have no complaints about snatchiness. Super comfortable bike, and screams with power once broken in, or can cruise all day. It is not a radical hooligan bike, it is a street bike with an in-line 4 cylinder GSXR motor, and for the price can’t be beat.

If your looking for a well mannered comfortable 1000cc street bike you can spend all day on, I highly recommend this bike.
mike d likes this.
post #10 of 25 Old 07-03-2018, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Garage
Heat? The only time heat is a problem is when I commute on the GSX-S and it doesn't do a bit of blocking of the road heat in the triple digit temperatures here. Heat from the bike? I've been riding mine since January so the full range of temperatures and no issues with heat from the bike.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page