• 1 Post By PCBliss

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-11-2018, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New to the forum, possibly buying soon.

Hey everyone, like the title says I might get a S soon. I've been lurking a bit this last week for some pre-purchase research.

I had seen GSXS's in the past and I liked them, but I never really considered one until recently. A dealership in town has a VERY good deal on a new, 2018 1000Z. This prompted me to start doing some research and get more and more interested.

I currently own a 2007 GSXR 1000, which I would sell once I get the new one. I love the performance on mine, but I haven't been to the track or the drag strip in a few years and I think the GSXS would be somewhat comparable, yet more comfortable, with the way I'm riding now. I'll still get on it here and there but it's not a constant 'braap' mentality..

So yeah, if I WERE to go this route I would only lightly mod (lower a bit, mirrors, levers, tires, exhaust). If this is the case, I'll definitely be lurking through the search engine here some more!
post #2 of 7 Old 07-11-2018, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Don't think you'll be disappointed, gsxs let's you hoon or cruise depending on your mood. A decent all arounder.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-11-2018, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I have the F, and I love it. Its does everything well, and is super comfortable.

post #4 of 7 Old 07-11-2018, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Nice. Yeah, that's the sense I'm getting with reviews, etc. I also found a good deal on a 2015 Diavel, but I think that my riding style is more suited for a comfortable sport bike (GSXS) than a sporty touring bike (Duc).

I haven't test ridden the GSXS.. how comparable of a lean angle does it have with dedicated sport bikes (GSXR)? My GSXR is lowered and I don't scrape pegs; if I were to lower the S a bit, I shouldn't be scraping either, correct?

Does anyone on here run 55s for the rear tire, instead of the factory 50?
post #5 of 7 Old 07-11-2018, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I switched to a 55 tire after the factory 50 was done. I love it, leans into turns easier/quicker and looks better IMO.
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-11-2018, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Because itís a reasonably short wheel base you donít have to hit massive lean angles. It will still do them and itís more than sporty enough for road riding. Iíve risen my little Broís GSXR 750 and itís quite easy( but different) to swap between the two. Biggest difference being the big wide bars. Itís quite easy to laze around but I still get into a big crouch and put my nose over the clocks when Iím going for it. Then the bars feel massively wide. You soon get used to it and it not a game changer, itís just different
Over all , I love it. Very versatile and cand do most things pretty well. Get a test drive if you can but I donít think you will be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull my finger
post #7 of 7 Old 07-11-2018, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I was curious about the tires because I recently went from 50-55 on my GSXR and I love'em. I haven't even put 300 miles on those yet, so I might even swap them with the S if I get it.

One of the dealerships has a 2016, which I'll try to test ride.

Thanks for the input, fellas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page