LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-17-2018, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Another GSX-S1000F incoming, back on a Suzuki finally

Hi all, I'm Mark from Norwich, UK.

Today I started proceedings and am trading in my 5 yr old rocket 3 roadster for a gsx-s1000f..as much as the rocket is a beast and a iconic bike I feel its time has come and I need me some IL4 litre sports action! Last time I had a Suzuki it was a SV650S, my first bike.

Got too good a deal to ignore (straight swop!) and enjoyed the hours ride I had on the demo bike way too much 🙂

Still umming and arrring on the colour though, need to tell them first thing Monday...

I already have a white tiger, and don't want to go matt with the paint, so its either red or blue....edging towards red but only just...

I, like most I guess, have read and watched all the reviews I can and haven't found anything bad....it was a toss up with the z1000sx but the deals offered were rubbish and I preferred the sportier ride on the f anyway...maybe I'll miss the led lights of the z or the decent panniers, but I'm getting this bike for fun, my tiger is the practical mile muncher (will it stay though...)

Anyway, I best get searching for answers around sourcing GPS power, ram mount options, tail tidies, good taller screens etc...lots to consider.....and, blue or red....can't decide....
lumberjack and tonyt like this.
post #2 of 6 Old 08-17-2018, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Hi Kaivalagi,
Welcome aboard this Forum. You will find the GSXS a different beastie simply due to being a fantastic all rounder.
I think the R & Blk is too common now (so so good looking), so I personally would jump for the Blue/Black in naked or an all White seeing that you have chosen a F variant.
Best of luck with the new bike and watch those new tyres as they seem to make the front end rocket towards the sky.

Rob.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-18-2018, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just when I was coming around to the blue and black I've had a call from the dealership, there are no more blue/blacks available now, red/black it is I've not seen any of the red colours around here anyway...although now I know what to look for I'll no doubt see plenty!

post #4 of 6 Old 08-29-2018, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2 more days and I ride it away, went to have a look today....

Bloody front wheel reflectors are annoying, they fix the fender down too...now I need to source replacement bolts so they can be removed...gonna see if they can give me some at the dealership service center...

R&G crash protectors will arrive tomorrow, they'll get fixed to the bike once home safe and sound

Also waiting on an aux connector so I can wire in the sat nav mount too

No more mods until I get to know the bike and run it in

Last edited by Kaivalagi; 08-29-2018 at 06:50 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-29-2018, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Well, your Avatar in your initial post shows a black/red bike, so it was meant to be!
Kaivalagi likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-29-2018, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome! I bought some factory replacement bolts just like the bottom bolts on the fender so they would match. They fit fine. That solved the reflector problem.
Kaivalagi likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page