User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 08-29-2018, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hi all, new to the site but hoping to purchase a new bike early in 2019 and was wondering what you all thought of the faired GSXS ??
Any accessories you have added etc etc and what luggage options you’ve found.
Thanks in advance .

Last edited by The crete; 08-29-2018 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Wrong year
post #2 of 15 Old 08-29-2018, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Hi Mr. Crete and welcome, hope you are able to purchase your new bike next year. Your questions, however, are extremely open ended as there is a plethora of specific dedicated data and information on this Forum. I would suggest spending some time reading many of the multiple threads on the subjects you inquire about, by initiating a Google "custom search" on the upper right window of this page.
dekker likes this.
post #3 of 15 Old 08-29-2018, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome The crete. What Rapido1 said, and ... there is a lot of friendly debate here as to the superior bike, the F or the non-F. I own an F so you know which side I fall on. They are both great bikes. I think it depends somewhat on your intended use. *I think* the F is better if you plan on doing extended high speed travel (... and it works well as a sport-tourer). If that isn't in the picture for you. You might prefer the non-F. If looks matter, most people prefer the non-F, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and I'm a believer in form follows function (which has it's limits), but I love the look of my F and wouldn't consider a non-F unless the F wasn't an option.

... just buy it, you'll love it.
dekker likes this.

post #4 of 15 Old 08-30-2018, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi and thanks for the replies, I’m thinking about buying the faired version rather than the naked because I then basically own “ a do it all bike” . A few short tours of Scotland and Ireland are on the cards .
I also actually really like the looks of the faired version but as you say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
What’s the best section to look at on the forum for discussion about the bikes suspension ??
post #5 of 15 Old 08-30-2018, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Test ride the bike and you'll likely want it, that engine is brilliant fun. Anyone buying without test riding is a bit silly anyway!

There are a few luggage options but the bike isn't made with that in mind..I would go with soft throw over luggage which straps to passenger pegs myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The crete View Post
What’s the best section to look at on the forum for discussion about the bikes suspension ??
As mentioned using the search function is the best option, there are posts in several locations due to non-F / F content etc.

In short what I've learnt on suspension (getting my F on Saturday), front is decent, back is too hard...change the rear shock to nitron/yss/ohlins and the bike is ace but it will spoil you and you may then want to revalve/respring the front

Go test ride one...
post #6 of 15 Old 08-30-2018, 03:26 PM

Hello! And yes to reiterate what has already been said looks fall into the eye of the beholder and I will be the beholder on the other side, the naked version is what I personally find to be more attractive. However form follows function is true. That being said I would still always opt to simply put a decent sized windscreen on the non-F in order to maintain a more comfortable high speed, and still keep in my opinion a superior look, again whichever you choose I think you will be happy! Enjoy!
post #7 of 15 Old 08-31-2018, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Just do it!
No need to wait until next year

Pull my finger
post #8 of 15 Old 09-02-2018, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
I've been trying to find one to test ride for over a year. One dealer near me has one but they want a commitment before test ride

I'm in Denver.
post #9 of 15 Old 09-02-2018, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch View Post
I've been trying to find one to test ride for over a year. One dealer near me has one but they want a commitment before test ride

I'm in Denver.
Good grief! If they want you to commit before a test ride, then what good is the test ride???
Kaivalagi likes this.
post #10 of 15 Old 09-02-2018, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
What a load of bullshit, if that dealership is like that for a test ride I wonder how bad they are for servicing and warranty work!

No other dealership close enough that is willing without a deposit?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page