LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-30-2018, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
It's all his fault

Hi all,
Just thought I would sign up and Say hi.
Only 2 sleeps until I pick up a FT.
Anyway, from up in sunny Angus, Scotland,and had various bikes over the years but last 10 have all been V's, Hondas and Black.
a certain memeber on here, a fair distance away, gave me a blast on his at the start of the season and then I realised how much bikes have improved (current 2 are 17 and 20 years old).
Been down the path off, "oh, I like that, love that, hate that" most of the summer and narrowed it down to KTM SD GT or the GSXS. now ones 50% more expensive than the other, and being a tight Scot thaere was no option.
Picking the FT up on Sat from Cupar, Chris there did a great deal, so need to get the miles in before Winter hits proper. Bloody roads were gritted last night... doh.
I'll run her as she is for a bit till I get used to IL4's again then start setting her up for my lardy arse.
Unfortunately I wont get the 600 miles in till I return from a weekend in Wales on the other one, and whilst that would be a great way of racking up the miles, being restricted to half revs wont be fun with the Idiots I'll be catching up with.
Be safe out there all.
mike d likes this.
post #2 of 5 Old 08-30-2018, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome Grumpyfrog! Looking forward to your initial impressions and some pictures of your bike. The FT seems like a great set up for some long road trips, and I'm sure Scotland has some beautiful sites to visit.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-30-2018, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome and enjoy. Note half revs = around 80mph not too bad eh ?

Blue Naked 2015 ABS model. PCV, Nitron Ntr-1 shock, MRA screen(modified) Puig crash bungs, HEL lines and EBC-HH pads, job done. (Riding since 1959.)

post #4 of 5 Old 08-30-2018, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Hi and welcome

I'll pick up mine on Saturday and have the same dilemma...I had a ride starting Wednesday next week, hitting the dales, peaks, lakes and wales and I really wanted to take the GSXS but I doubt I can get it run-in and serviced before then....so I'll be clocking miles on the tiger instead and pine-ing for the new bike all the time I'm away

I've had a KTM in the past, it was a 990 SM-T, great fun hooligan bikes but the maintenance was a pain to be honest, they need a lot of love, or mine did atleast. I can see the attraction of the SD GT, maybe if I was only having one bike I'd consider it but it's a lot of money and I do like having 2 different contrasting bikes instead...I'm tempted by the upcoming 790 adventure....could be a trade in for my tiger explorer

Last edited by Kaivalagi; 08-30-2018 at 11:48 AM.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-31-2018, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpyfrog View Post
Hi all,
Just thought I would sign up and Say hi.
Only 2 sleeps until I pick up a FT.
Great News Grumps!

a certain memeber on here, a fair distance away, gave me a blast on his at the start of the season and then I realised how much bikes have improved
Sorry About That

Picking the FT up on Sat from Cupar, Chris there did a great deal, so need to get the miles in before Winter hits proper. Bloody roads were gritted last night... doh.
I'll run her as she is for a bit till I get used to IL4's again then start setting her up for my lardy arse.
I was going to send you a text and ask if tomorrow was the day. I remembered you were waiting on a new plate one but didn't know when it might arrive.
I'll bet it's felt like a long wait. Just imagine how loong tonight's going to take

Unfortunately I wont get the 600 miles in till I return from a weekend in Wales on the other one, and whilst that would be a great way of racking up the miles, being restricted to half revs wont be fun with the Idiots I'll be catching up with.
Be safe out there all.
Hay! I resemble that remark!

See ya in a Couple of weeks Grumpy. You can tell me all about your new toy!

Hope the weather stays fair for tomorrow and if your engine is as tight as mine was when you get it, keep the revs a little high and don't let it labour. Oh, and my brakes were sh!t until they had bedded in a bit. Watch out for the first junction you come to. I went straight across the first one on mine

Pull my finger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page