Great forum. Thanks for the add. - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 15Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 02-28-2019, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
bob37748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Harriman, Tennessee
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Great forum. Thanks for the add.

This forum has been very helpful to me and I appreciate all the info. I've lurked for a while but joined because I bought a Blue 1000F. I've had it for 3 weeks and have 1000 miles on it now so it's broken in.
I have my first track day in about a week and I am curious how the bike and I will do in that setting. Hopefully, I'll learn a bit and get a little more used to the bike.

2018 GSXS1000F
bob37748 is offline  
post #2 of 13 Old 02-28-2019, 07:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Rapido1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Cabo San Lucas
Posts: 1,076
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Welcome Tenessee! If you bought new, 1,000 miles in 3 weeks is impressive! You are a lucky man with the Blue Ridge Parkway and Tail of the Dragon in your back yard! Have you taken your GSX there yet?
bob37748 likes this.
Rapido1 is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 02-28-2019, 07:52 PM
Senior Member
 
quatro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: London
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
hello bob, maybe u should buy a sat nav
bob37748 likes this.

mike

video link
quatro is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 Old 03-01-2019, 04:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Australia.
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post
Welcome Tenessee! If you bought new, 1,000 miles in 3 weeks is impressive! You are a lucky man with the Blue Ridge Parkway and Tail of the Dragon in your back yard! Have you taken your GSX there yet?
Yes Welcome Mate,
1600 km in 3 weeks !
Bit slow - I did 5000 KM over 2 weeks on a new bike to run it in. 10 return trips of 500 KM over 10 days, quite a few years back. Couldn't do it now for the life of me, if I tried.
Who will take the coveted Title as Iron Butt Champion here ???

Rob.
bob37748 likes this.
Slower and Slower is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 03-01-2019, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
bob37748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Harriman, Tennessee
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post
Welcome Tenessee! If you bought new, 1,000 miles in 3 weeks is impressive! You are a lucky man with the Blue Ridge Parkway and Tail of the Dragon in your back yard! Have you taken your GSX there yet?
I have tried the dragon, but I haven't gotten to the parkway yet. As to the miles I have been a bit obsessed so I have ridden every time the weather was reasonably clear. I imagine GSXS rides in Cabo San Lucas must be a blast!

2018 GSXS1000F
bob37748 is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 03-01-2019, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
bob37748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Harriman, Tennessee
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by quatro View Post
hello bob, maybe u should buy a sat nav
Not all who wander are lost. I am though. So lost. Where the **** am I?
oldjackbob likes this.

2018 GSXS1000F
bob37748 is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 03-01-2019, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
bob37748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Harriman, Tennessee
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
Yes Welcome Mate,
1600 km in 3 weeks !
Bit slow - I did 5000 KM over 2 weeks on a new bike to run it in. 10 return trips of 500 KM over 10 days, quite a few years back. Couldn't do it now for the life of me, if I tried.
Who will take the coveted Title as Iron Butt Champion here ???

Rob.
I couldn't match that! I might have a lot of fun in the attempt.
Slower and Slower likes this.

2018 GSXS1000F
bob37748 is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 03-02-2019, 07:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Barstewardsquad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Lincs UK
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Welcome along.
bob37748 likes this.
Barstewardsquad is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 03-02-2019, 08:56 PM
Senior Member
 
mike d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.
Posts: 1,751
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob37748 View Post
This forum has been very helpful to me and I appreciate all the info. I've lurked for a while but joined because I bought a Blue 1000F. I've had it for 3 weeks and have 1000 miles on it now so it's broken in.
I have my first track day in about a week and I am curious how the bike and I will do in that setting. Hopefully, I'll learn a bit and get a little more used to the bike.
Welcome Bob! Brilliant choice of bike, model and color. It's rare that anyone gets all 3 right!
I'd sure love to ride in your area some time. Until then, I'll just have to settle for the stupid old Utah mountains and red rock canyons.

bob37748 likes this.
mike d is online now  
post #10 of 13 Old 03-02-2019, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
bob37748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Harriman, Tennessee
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Welcome Bob! Brilliant choice of bike, model and color. It's rare that anyone gets all 3 right!
I'd sure love to ride in your area some time. Until then, I'll just have to settle for the stupid old Utah mountains and red rock canyons.

The blue ones are faster, aren't they?

2018 GSXS1000F
bob37748 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome