Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New member from Oz

G_day Everyone

Hereís my intro...

First I donít ......bite!

Traded in a 2016 MT09 on a new 2018 GSX S1000 a few months ago & have been reading the posts here!
Just joined up!

Am a Surfer, Kitesurfer , motor & bike enthusiast, & canít sit still for a minute, need to be on the move always!

And never say one sport is the best! Or better than another, same goes for bikes & cars. Every bike has something
special about it.

Motorcycling = freedom,

Been riding for 50yrs started out on mini bikes than rode Yamaha 2 stoke motorcross , Yamaha LC,RD,RZ road bikes.
Was bloody hard to adjust to four strokes! All good with 4 stokes now!

Cheers
post #2 of 11 Old 03-28-2019, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Welcome BigDog! I'd be curious to hear your opinion of the MT09 vs the GSX-S. I owned an MT07 before my GSX-S(F) and sometimes I miss that light weight wheelie machine with the low end grunt.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-29-2019, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Mike,

Did 30000kms in two years is rain hail & shine on the MT09 most of the time in A mode, had a Akra race pipe. + high seat, used it as a Commuter to work,every 2 yrs i feel like a change. Did miss it a lot at first.
Have rode the MT07 awesome machine , both love to wheelie, MT09s engine is a gem ,triples are indeed very high in torque had to learn to steer on the back wheel in the first 3 gears , super light front end = power wheelies around 100-200m high with your weight over the front wheel,And it was real easy to slingshot off the mark in traffic due to the bike is so light , Braking was also great in dry weather but cornering can catch you out real easy,never did have the confidence to push it hard through the Twisties , the GSX is way better / planted cornering.

Having said that their two totally different bikes, would a lot of writing to explain.but eg.
First itís the gearing MT09 is very low gearing from 1st to 3rd , the GSX is super tall in first then the rest is close ratio.
I didnít like the GSX off the line, so I changed to 1 tooth smaller socket on the front which am happy with the result.
the GSX is next level in Quality , comfort & performance that top end is ballistic.
Just purchased the Dominator decat eliminator & was delivered today , Havenít opened it yet the box feels like thereís nothing in it,so light 😀will have it fitted & reflashed in a few weeks by RB racing here in Sydney, so am reading the decat posts very closely seems to be the best bang for your buck mod.

Cheers!

Ride hard
mike d likes this.

post #4 of 11 Old 03-29-2019, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Welcome along.

Glad to see there is at least one thing from Aus that doesn't bite. Take it that means you are poisonous stinger instead
post #5 of 11 Old 03-30-2019, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome Bigdog.
Your riding experience fits in well with the demographic of this forum.

Blue Naked 2015 ABS model. PCV, Nitron Ntr-1 shock, MRA screen(modified) Puig crash bungs, HEL lines and EBC-HH pads, job done. (Riding since 1959.)
post #6 of 11 Old 03-31-2019, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
If you think I am a poisonous Stinger, you’re a psychopath! I’m here for the motorcycling just tried to add a bit of humour to my info.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-31-2019, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
If you think I am a poisonous Stinger, youíre a psychopath! Iím here for the motorcycling just tried to add a bit of humour to my info.
Guess my sense of humour playing on your comment about not biting combined with the idea that Australia has a huge number of dangerous creatures didn't translate too well
oldjackbob likes this.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-01-2019, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I had enough of your sarcastic comments , your a troll!!!! Don’t reply or message me again!
post #9 of 11 Old 04-01-2019, 04:11 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
I had enough of your sarcastic comments , your a troll!!!! Donít reply or message me again!
Pretty sure you took this out of context mate. Chill out.. it's all gravy

Welcome to the forums

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-01-2019, 06:12 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Garage
There are no Trolls on this forum that I know of and Barstewardsquad has been around long enough to establish his credentials.
Relax and enjoy, you are welcome here.
Barstewardsquad likes this.

Blue Naked 2015 ABS model. PCV, Nitron Ntr-1 shock, MRA screen(modified) Puig crash bungs, HEL lines and EBC-HH pads, job done. (Riding since 1959.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in