23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 04-02-2019, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hi newby here 1st post be gentle please 😁

Iam close to purchasing a new f model , just waiting for a test ride to become available and checking out what deals are about . 2 local dealers are offering a red ‘black bike with the touring kit fitted , not sure I want all of the touring kit like tall screen but i guess the original screen will also come with the bike .
I intend touring on the bike so currently looking at throwover pannier options which seems to be a bit difficult looking at the back end , apart from that I can see no problems .
After 10 years on ktm twins Iam a little apprehensive about going back to a 4 but the Suzuki ticks all my boxes and I love it’s looks and how compact it is .
post #2 of 25 Old 04-02-2019, 06:20 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome Kernow,
I normally go touring with just a tank-bag and tail-pack, but this year I bought these .https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253958331381 It takes a while to sort out the mounting but that applies to any other strapons (no giggling there in the back).I can now use a smaller tank-bag and tail-pack. Not tried them out yet, I'm going to Austria & Switzerland later in the year.
PS. Get the better version bike IE the naked.
MotorMouth and Kernow like this.

Blue Naked 2015 ABS model. PCV, Nitron Ntr-1 shock, MRA screen(modified) Puig crash bungs, HEL lines and EBC-HH pads, job done. (Riding since 1959.)
post #3 of 25 Old 04-02-2019, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Welcome Kernow,

The F model was something I too considered when looking at the GSX line. I have to say, in person, the nakeds are too beautiful to pass by, IMHO. I will be picking up whichever model I go for this weekend and look forward to sharing opinions/experiences that we have on whichever we land on.
dekker and Kernow like this.

post #4 of 25 Old 04-02-2019, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
F
post #5 of 25 Old 04-03-2019, 01:43 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
Iam close to purchasing a new f model , just waiting for a test ride to become available and checking out what deals are about . 2 local dealers are offering a red ‘black bike with the touring kit fitted , not sure I want all of the touring kit like tall screen but i guess the original screen will also come with the bike .
I intend touring on the bike so currently looking at throwover pannier options which seems to be a bit difficult looking at the back end , apart from that I can see no problems .
After 10 years on ktm twins Iam a little apprehensive about going back to a 4 but the Suzuki ticks all my boxes and I love it’s looks and how compact it is .
Welcome
The gsxs is a great bike and I'm sure you will like it but for me I like v twins the best. For me it's like the bike is
More alive and you are more connected to the bike than a smooth 4 cylinder engine.
I used to own a SD 990 but sold it about 4 years ago and now I own a guzzi 750 plus the gsxs and most times I go for a ride I end up picking The guzzi.
I know it probably sounds weird to prefer to ride a 50hp bike over the gsxs with its 150hp but it's just more fun
For me to ride the guzzi plus I'm not doing Mk10 everywhere.
I've been riding since 71 and have owned 25 bikes so I'm not making up stories lol.
Anyhow it's just my opinion but make sure you take it for a decent ride before you make your mind up.
Let the flaming begin
post #6 of 25 Old 04-03-2019, 03:47 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name Is Jeff View Post
Welcome
The gsxs is a great bike and I'm sure you will like it but for me I like v twins the best. For me it's like the bike is
More alive and you are more connected to the bike than a smooth 4 cylinder engine.
I used to own a SD 990 but sold it about 4 years ago and now I own a guzzi 750 plus the gsxs and most times I go for a ride I end up picking The guzzi.
I know it probably sounds weird to prefer to ride a 50hp bike over the gsxs with its 150hp but it's just more fun
For me to ride the guzzi plus I'm not doing Mk10 everywhere.
I've been riding since 71 and have owned 25 bikes so I'm not making up stories lol.
Anyhow it's just my opinion but make sure you take it for a decent ride before you make your mind up.
Let the flaming begin
I agree, the v-twin "connection" is irreplaceable and the engine braking makes twistys a breeze, however....

It depends on what you use your bike for. The large capacity v-twins are lumpy and awful down low filtering traffic, having to feather the clutch around
round abouts and parking lots. Can't speak of smaller bikes because i have no interest in downgrading just yet, i like speed and power

Half of my commute ride is highway and the other half is stop lights galore. The last thing i want is something that makes my journey more tiresome and difficult.
The GSX-S is a breeze and can tackle both quite handily.

If i were to only use it as a weekend joy ride then i would go v-twin all the way. I'm definitely going to own a 1200 monster at some stage.
Probably a Panigale whilst i'm at it. Even if it's just to sit and stare at
Kernow likes this.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #7 of 25 Old 04-03-2019, 04:51 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Welcome along, hope you get that test ride soon.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Kernow likes this.
post #8 of 25 Old 04-03-2019, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
If you are comfrtable with it you will want to play with the TC modes because they have a decent impact on the feel of the bike. TC3 and 2 will keep the front wheel on the ground at all times. TC1 will let it come up a little during hard accel and off will let it come up quite often.
Kernow and john.moore.1.6td like this.
post #9 of 25 Old 04-03-2019, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Decker. Thanks for that , I’ve actually got a set of those I was wondering if they would fit , you’ve made my day and probably saved me £300
Naked is nice , but I fancy the comfort of a fairing for a while , think Iam getting too old for naked bikes .
Trip sounds great , hoping to do something similar
dekker and oldjackbob like this.

Last edited by Kernow; 04-03-2019 at 05:17 PM.
post #10 of 25 Old 04-03-2019, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I know what you mean about the v twin love. I’ve had ktm and aprillia v twins for a while now and dine quite a few miles on them , however there isn’t a v twin out that does it for me short of the ktm 1290 which is too expensive and quite troublesome by all accounts .
last Jap 4 I had was a 2005 yam fazer which I did really like and I had loads before that from gpz Kawasaki’s to Honda’s . Iam just hoping that my sudden need to return to the smooth turbine like feel of a 4 for a more relaxing ride is right for me .
Currently riding a ktm 690 duke which takes even more work than a twin but it’s such a hoot, however Iam fed up working the gearbox so much and want to do some touring miles , I must be getting old . It’s the looks of the Suzuki I also love plus the price and extra fuel economy etc , plus the ease of servicing compared to most v twins hope I’ve got it right

Last edited by Kernow; 04-03-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page