• 2 Post By Adventureracer66
  • 2 Post By Adventureracer66

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-29-2019, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Thanks for the Add, I'm hopefully picking up a 2016 GSXs1000F in the next week or so, not ridden one yet so test riding one Saturday, apart from the snatchy throttle which seems to be common place is there anything else to look out for. Ive been riding a Tiger 800 for the last 4 years and a Sprint ST1050 before that and also year ago a ZX6r P8 model, as Ive got older the bikes have got more upright but the world and his wife has a tiger or a GS1200 these days,

Not many of the GSX's around so time for a change.

Any advice would be appreciated and hopefully my next post will be a Blue GSXS f
mike d and Triz-man like this.
post #2 of 6 Old 05-29-2019, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventureracer66 View Post
Thanks for the Add, I'm hopefully picking up a 2016 GSXs1000F in the next week or so, not ridden one yet so test riding one Saturday, apart from the snatchy throttle which seems to be common place is there anything else to look out for. Ive been riding a Tiger 800 for the last 4 years and a Sprint ST1050 before that and also year ago a ZX6r P8 model, as Ive got older the bikes have got more upright but the world and his wife has a tiger or a GS1200 these days,

Not many of the GSX's around so time for a change.

Any advice would be appreciated and hopefully my next post will be a Blue GSXS f

Not much else to look out for, the rear shock is very stiff just be prepared for that, front forks are perfect,

I love my gsxs1000 and you will to the more you ride it the more you’ll love it, I got a power commander for the throttle issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 Old 05-29-2019, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome! Triz-man is right about the rear shock being stiff. I just seems overdamped (especially for my 150lbs). I lucked out and got one without the dreaded throttle snatch. I wish you the same luck. Make sure and report back.

post #4 of 6 Old 05-29-2019, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Welcome! Triz-man is right about the rear shock being stiff. I just seems overdamped (especially for my 150lbs). I lucked out and got one without the dreaded throttle snatch. I wish you the same luck. Make sure and report back.

Lol ironically my throttle snatch issue worked its self out at about 935 miles but I already ordered the power commander, if i knew better I’d of gotten a reflash on the ECU but I ride every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 6 Old 06-03-2019, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well I bit the bullet bought the first one I rode. A 2016 with 2200 on the clock. Suspension is rock hard and the throttle snatch is bearable but not noticed this because this thing is insane. Coming from a tiger 800 this is out of this work. Needs a tail tidy and a new screen but that’s about it. Thanks for your input chaps
post #6 of 6 Old 06-03-2019, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Some pics of my new beast
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B0CA1BC7-3120-4C77-8AED-196E01450780_1559566596179.jpeg (291.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpeg A2A389D2-D597-42F2-AAFD-9DBBDAC3423C_1559566615008.jpeg (232.4 KB, 5 views)
mike d and oldjackbob like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page