GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Greetings from the dutch

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Savan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi there all,

I recently changed my gsxr750 L7 for a new gsxs1000. The Gsxs have been intriguing me for a while bit I didn’t like the looks when I sat on the bike. I missed the fairings and for my feeling the complete front was missing so that’s why I never had an test ride till a month ago. As an sort of compromise I looked for an gsxsf but the dealer had only the gsxs as an test bike and since it is the same bike I got the naked version to take for a spin. The intention was to had the bike made in the ‘special R edition’ what would mean the stock exhaust would be exhanged for an Yoshimura, some minor exterior details also and the most important, the engine would be adapted so the HP on the rear wheel Is somewhere around 175.

After the test ride, we shook hands with me being the proud owner of an naked bike.
I drove the red one and choose the black one.

After the paper work and adaptation to the sp R edition finished (which in total took almost 2 weeks) it was time to make the first km and we set course towards the French MotoGP in Le Mans. It was a fabulous 700km driving to there. I must confess I didn’t miss the front fairing not a moment.

First ride to home:

And lovely weather in France so we took the rain suit off.

And since it was starting to rain and we had to make plain highway km, we loaded the bike on to the trailer behind my wife’s car and went to home.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

See less See more
#2 ·
And about me, please allow me to introduce myself, (I’m a man of wealth and taste..),44yrs, living in the Netherlands, daddy three kiddo’s. the one on the pictures is the oldest and since last year is allowed to ride with dad on the bike. Daughter is a sweet princess 5 yrs old and the youngest is a boy and will be 3yrs in a month.

Working the last few years for a petrochemical industrial, I won’t mention names since there are not a lot of them with a yellow shell as a logo and some would say orneven accuse me making a advertisement for the company I work for. ! :)

#3 ·
Welcome, from someone born in the Netherlands but doesn't remember it at all. I aim to get back one of these days. I also traded a GSX-R750 for my GSX-S1000 naked and I don't regret the trade one bit. I'm jealous that your first trip on it was to the LeMans MotoGP race, any pictures of it in the parking lot with the thousands of other motorcycles?

I suspect you'll be getting some questions on those hard looking bags. Looks like you've got it set up as the perfect weekend trip bike. Exhaust looks amazing on that bike.

Reactions: Savan
#5 · (Edited)
Thank you, I also don’t regret trading the gsxr although I really did enjoy that bike. This one is more ‘naughty’ and play-ish.

On the Saturday we were parked quite early on a parking lot but there were not so much bikes, at least not so much at one place as you mention.

The year before in Assen it was like you said, really bikes parked next to each other and every where you look, only bikes. At the end when we went home It was the first time i stood with a bike in a traffic jam, so many bikes.

The Sunday in lemans we parked on street, I saw a nice place in a row with some other bikes so then also there was not such a big concentration of bikes.

Looks like there was a gsxs-1000F behind the red naked gsxs1000 [emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is an gsxsf, that was the first choice but the red one made an recall after riding him.

#6 ·
The bags are from hepco and Suzuki offers them as original accessorie. They are nice as weekend bags because they really can carry a few sandwiches, bottles of water and a spray of chainlube.

I took them off when I came back from France and now I’m looking for a small tank bag with the quicklock on the tank. In France there are a lot of tol gates where you need to stop to pay for the highway and after you spent 5 minutes looking for your wallet in your inside pocket of your jacket underneath a rainsuite, you recon a tank bag is a great solution for your phone, wallet, etc..

#11 ·
When I get started i don’t know how to stop :)

Welcome Savan! Those are great photos, and that's fantastic that you and your son can share some ride time. I have the F, and I don't think you would have been disappointed. They are both great bikes!

Im very sure I wouldn’t have been disappointed if I had chosen the F.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.