• 1 Post By Clay713

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-07-2019, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New From Arkansas

From central Arkansas, picked up a GSX S1000F ABS about a year ago and love it. I am here to find some info on current modifications I'm working on: Getting ECU flashed, power commander 5, maps, full exhaust, airbox restrictor plate, SET removal, Pair valve disabled.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 39958267_2302693156437653_769849420106694656_n (2).jpg (290.2 KB, 13 views)
Slower and Slower, mike d and lost like this.
post #2 of 7 Old 07-07-2019, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Garage
Beautiful Clay! (It's a gem, just like mine). I don't have many mods (bar end mirrors, sliders, bobbins, radiator guard, Nep throttle lock, tank ring, Pro-Grip 731, Mich R5s. As far as performance... I'm still trying to hang on.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-08-2019, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Clay,
First off, WELCOME to the forum! Always great to have new members post up.
Secondly, where your avatar is, get your LOCATION posted as there are people from all over the world on this forum. When you ask a question or need help, they will look to see where you are from, so try to add "ARKANSAS, USA" or something to help them help you.
Thirdly - very first (and best modification) will be to replace the horrid piece-of-cr*ap rear shock. It'll cost you about $500 (Wilbers 540 shock) but it will be the best $500 you spend on your bike. Seriously. Go here to order:
https://www.wilbers-shop.de/en/Motor...ur=3&year=2017

Of your 'modifications', the next best thing would be an ECU flash from Dano's Performance in California ($180). That's it. You won't need a PC-V, so scratch that from the list. If you later modify the bike some more, Dano's will re-flash for a much reduced rate ($40 was the figure I read in another post) so don't worry about that. But what I'm thinking is, replace the totally crap rear shock, flash your ECU, and save your money! The bike is going to run awesome, sound good (the stock exhaust is surprisingly 'aggressive'!) and have more than enough power for STREET RIDING.

Central Arkansas? So...Little Rock area? Arkansas is my favorite place to ride, but more the western part (Ouachita Mountains) and the northern part (Ozarks), which are not too far from you. You live in a beautiful place with some amazing roads. The GSX-S1000 is probably feeling right at home there. (Pretty blue color you have there. I've got the much faster and sexier red & black, but I wouldn't kick the blue one out of bed for eating crackers in it ;o)

Last edited by frog4aday; 07-08-2019 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Adjusted cost for reflash to $40

post #4 of 7 Old 07-08-2019, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay713 View Post
From central Arkansas, picked up a GSX S1000F ABS about a year ago and love it. I am here to find some info on current modifications I'm working on: Getting ECU flashed, power commander 5, maps, full exhaust, airbox restrictor plate, SET removal, Pair valve disabled.
Welcome and beautiful bike!

I don't have a PCV but I did similar mods on my naked.

M4 full exhaust install - straightforward install, servo motor is located in front on the rear shock in the frame (2 bolts hold the motor to the bracket, 2 bolts hold the bracket to the frame, remove bracket, wiggle motor over chain guard).

Airbox baffle removal - fairings off, lift tank, disconnect and remove ECU on top of airbox cover, remove cover, remove air filter, remove baffle.

PAIR valve - hose can be plugged with marble or vacuum caps (3/4" and 5/8").

ECU - Dano's performance flashed and remapped mine. Feels like a new bike without any emissions restrictions.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
frog4aday likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-08-2019, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yeah, another place told me that i wouldn't need a PCV most likely. I knew the rear shock was not very good, but I'm also working on my track bike CBR600RR. I've done a few track days in Texas Cresson and headed back in Sept. I tell you what, I've got three bikes that I'm working on as parts come in and that is keeping me busy. I'm not running the gsxs1000F on the track so I'm really not trying to milk all the performance out of it. Honestly the fairings are such a pain to take off I wanted to get a few things done to it while I had them off. LOL
frog4aday likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-08-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I would like to find a mid pipe for a decat maybe instead of a full exhaust system.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-09-2019, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay713 View Post
<SNIPPED STUFF>I've done a few track days in Texas Cresson and headed back in Sept. <SNIPPED STUFF>
Small world - Cresson is my favorite track here in Texas, but only when they have the 'full' course open. Nothing really high speed, but that's what I like; I go to work on my cornering and there is plenty of that going on and a good variety of them, too, so you really get to figure out your bike during a track day there.

Worst track was Harris Hill. Jesus that place was BUMPY. But...you learn something everywhere you go, so I learned how to pick a 'non-typical' line to be faster (get off the bumps) and to get off the seat and use my legs more as suspension when the going got harsh. Heck, any track day is fun, regardless of where it is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page