LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-16-2019, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
i love this bike.

hey there,

figured i should join up as i just recently purchased a 2016 gsx-s 1000, and i f'ing love the thing.

im from central NY, and have been riding for about 5 years now (old bike that is now for sale is a 81 suzuki gs650g)

ive already got an itch to do things to it as it came almost completely stock from PO.

po did put on a puig windscreen, bar risers (maybe 30mm? i havent checked) and a lowering kit on it (which he was shorter then me and it fits well honestly, i can flat foot it with confidence.)

1st thing will be a tail tidy (looking at the vagabond one,open to suggestions) and i would love to get a full exhaust, but i know it would need a tune, and i want to reflash with a proper tune over going for a PCV but thats proving to be more of an issue as i havent found anybody remotely within driving distance that can do that.

other then that, great to be here!
frog4aday likes this.
post #2 of 5 Old 08-16-2019, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Welcome to the Forum and thanks for joining us present and past Owners.
Your well on the way to a happy GSX-S outcome.
Being a 2016, an early bike now, the solution to most issues other have found with the bike are here in the hundreds of Threads.
Up the top right hand side of the page, click on the Google Custom Search, and then select the VB search. This keeps your search to this Forum, rather than all of Google.

Rob.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-16-2019, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome boredinmemind!
Yup... great bike!

post #4 of 5 Old 08-16-2019, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I did the M4 full exhaust, Danos Performance ECU flash, -1 +2 sprockets and It is one bad ass combo.

If you have the twitchy throttle (most 2016's have this problem) get the wiring harness to tap into the TPS and set it to 1.13v and it helps some, the ECU cleans it up the rest of the way. Not perfect but way better.

The M4 does come with a quiet insert that you can remove/replace if you want to quieten it down some....but you won't.

2016 GSX S1000/Gray/-1 +2/Dano's flash
2001 ZX6R
1988 Honda XR250
2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400
post #5 of 5 Old 08-16-2019, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Welcome to the GSXS1000 forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredinmemind View Post
Hey there, figured i should join up as i just recently purchased a 2016 gsx-s 1000, and i f'ing love the thing. I'm from central NY, and have been riding for about 5 years now (old bike that is now for sale is a 81 suzuki gs650g.) I've already got an itch to do things to it as it came almost completely stock from PO. He put on a puig windscreen, bar risers (maybe 30mm? i haven't checked) and a lowering kit on it (which he was shorter then me and it fits well honestly, i can flat foot it with confidence.) 1'st thing will be a tail tidy (looking at the Vagabond one; open to suggestions) and i would love to get a full exhaust, but i know it would need a tune, and i want to reflash with a proper tune over going for a PCV but that's proving to be more of an issue as i haven't found anybody remotely within driving distance that can do that. Other then that, great to be here!
Hey Bored, seems like you won't be bored for long if you are coming off a 1981 650 to this fire-breathing "standard" (which is more like a comfy GSX-R.)
Tail Tidy - most are pretty good for this bike. The Vagabond looks 'quality' so go with that.
Full exhaust system - hmmm...I don't know how you ride or what your 'interests' are for this bike so take or leave this suggestion: rather than spending money on a FULL EXHAUST system (big bucks!) consider replacing the rear shock. The unit on the bike is truly horrible. Worst thing about the bike. It rides and handles so much better with a 'real' shock on it. And you don't have to spend a fortune. Wilbers makes a unit that will transform the bike and only set you back about $500. This is money that you will appreciate spending EVERY TIME YOU RIDE. I would say 'trust me' but you don't know me. If you search this forum though, you will find many posts where people replaced their shock and felt it was the best money they spent on the bike.

Think of it this way - the bike already makes 140 horsepower AT THE REAR WHEEL! Stock. 78 ft/lbs of torque. Stock. It'll go zero to 60 in about 3 seconds already. If you have the skill (I do not!), it can cover the quarter-mile in 10.77 seconds. Will a 'full-exhaust' really change anything ON THE STREET? (No...)

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/long-...he-gsx-s1000f/

However, a new rear shock will be a pleasure every time you ride. You'll ride in more comfort, the bike will feel safer and more composed in the corners, and you will be able to go faster with less drama...in the corners. And you might have noticed already that the stock exhaust is pretty 'throaty' on this thing, as is, which is rare for a Japanese sportbike.

Consider putting your money into TWO things that will give you more 'bang-for-the-buck' than a full exhaust:

New REAR SHOCK ($500)

Get shock here: https://www.wilbers-shop.de/en/Motor...ur=3&year=2016
and a "flashed" ECU (by Schnitz or Dano's)
$200 here: https://store.schnitzracing.com/schn...0-1000f-15-18/
or

$180 here: ECU Flashing (SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO FIND THE GSX-S info)

Read up on how this changes your bike here:

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-...sh-review.html

Good to have you on here. Hopefully you really enjoy your bike, regardless of what you do or don't do to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wilbers shocks 540-640-641.jpg (86.3 KB, 6 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page