12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 09-08-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Decided this might be a keeper...

Hi fellow Gsxs owners and greetings from Toronto Canada. Even though I’m a new member here, I’ve owned gsxs since 2016 and lurked about this forum for a while - been part of the whole R1 shock debacle with Paul too so as you can see, I’m new but not new!
After having had the gsxs for almost 4 years and putting up with the snatch and the Pogo stick of a shock ...I decided this might be a keeper...with some much needed changes. so I’m getting a new shock and full exhaust and a tune for the power commander. I held off on the mods (other than pc5 with stock map) thinking I might get something else down the road. Well, I’ve come to realize this might just be the perfect street bike for me. It never fails to put a smile on my face during the grind of a daily downtown commute, took it to the track, had a blast on it. So, credit card is in hand, wife’s not looking, time for some upgrades.
post #2 of 16 Old 09-08-2019, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 810HAZARD View Post
Hi fellow Gsxs owners and greetings from Toronto Canada. Even though Iím a new member here, Iíve owned gsxs since 2016 and lurked about this forum for a while - been part of the whole R1 shock debacle with Paul too so as you can see, Iím new but not new!
After having had the gsxs for almost 4 years and putting up with the snatch and the Pogo stick of a shock ...I decided this might be a keeper...with some much needed changes. so Iím getting a new shock and full exhaust and a tune for the power commander. I held off on the mods (other than pc5 with stock map) thinking I might get something else down the road. Well, Iíve come to realize this might just be the perfect street bike for me. It never fails to put a smile on my face during the grind of a daily downtown commute, took it to the track, had a blast on it. So, credit card is in hand, wifeís not looking, time for some upgrades.
Go for it! Definitely let us know what you think after the mods!
post #3 of 16 Old 09-08-2019, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome 810HAZARD Glad to see you are enjoying this fine bike! I was lucky and got the: throttle snatch free version (even thought it's a 2016). I did suffer from the stock rear shock for too long though. Now with a K-Tech Razor, I'm even happier with the bike.

post #4 of 16 Old 09-08-2019, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
810HAZARD, it's good to have you along. Like you, I've had this bike for a couple years and yet I still look forward to the next ride.

Good luck with the upgrades and keep us posted on your progress.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #5 of 16 Old 09-08-2019, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
How do you like the K-tech? That’s what I’m getting
post #6 of 16 Old 09-08-2019, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 810HAZARD View Post
How do you like the K-tech? Thatís what Iím getting
It's very nice. The damping is much better and very easily adjustable. I'm very happy with my suspension now (still stock in front, but had it adjusted for sag etc.. when I had the K-Tech installed).
Huge improvement.
oldjackbob and 810HAZARD like this.
post #7 of 16 Old 09-09-2019, 07:26 AM
lud

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
It's very nice. The damping is much better and very easily adjustable. I'm very happy with my suspension now (still stock in front, but had it adjusted for sag etc.. when I had the K-Tech installed).
Huge improvement.
I did change front springs as well as rear shock , great machine on rd and track also decat and reflash . Its a keeper
810HAZARD likes this.
post #8 of 16 Old 09-09-2019, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lud View Post
I did change front springs as well as rear shock , great machine on rd and track also decat and reflash . Its a keeper
That's great to hear! I had the bike on the track with the stock set up and still had a blast despite the obvious shortcoming. Can't wait to see what it feels like after the upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Huge improvement.
Thanks for confirming, glad to hear you like the shock. I'm not planning on making changes to the front until rear is sorted out. Hopefully the shock shows up before the last track day I have planned.
post #9 of 16 Old 09-09-2019, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Hand on to them, these bikes are going to be like dead rockstars, no more being made and everyone wanting to get one
810HAZARD likes this.
post #10 of 16 Old 09-09-2019, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Welcome also from the Toronto area. My new 2018 has only about 1100 km on it but I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the rear shock change as well as the PC tune.

2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000

Blue rim tape / Fender eliminator / Pazzo levers

2019 Triumph Speed Twin (for sale soon ...)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page