GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Hi! New member from London.

824 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  oldjackbob 
#1 ·
Hi!
Im Konrad I new here!
I just wanan say hello and ask about Suzuki GSXS1000.

It is good for a beginner?

#3 ·
Hi Konrad, it is a LOT of motor for a beginner so it's not the best choice to start out on something with that much power, it can be done of course but it will be a handful. If you're not comfortable with basic bike-handling skills it would be strongly advisable to start on something more manageable (and lighter). That said, there have even been new riders that started out on a Hayabusa, and they do just fine. The important thing to remember is to NOT get enthusiastic with the throttle before you've become familiar with the bike.

What year bike are you considering? The early (pre-2018) models sometimes had a snatchy throttle, which makes fine-throttle control of the engine even more difficult. Get that fixed if your bike has that problem.

Otherwise, there's nothing about the bike that will hurt you. It's very well behaved, I use mine as a daily driver for commuting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.