LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 12-14-2016, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I saw a True Motorcyclist Today in Action

Hi Guy's,
On my usual trip along the curvy & hilly road, I came to blind corner and there was white 3 wheel Spyder leaning hard on the outer wheel coming towards me.

He was really pushing hard, and it really surprised me as I have only seen a few and only on the highway and ridden by Old F*arts like me.
I watched him in the mirror and my eyeballs popped out !

He was a paraplegic as he had a wheelchair mounted on a frame above where the pillion seat is. The 3 wheeler bike was pretty new and so was his white helmet and leathers from what I could briefly see.
With all the white on him, I'd say he was a SMIDSY victim.

Just shows if you really want something you can, with help, overcome a life changing event and still carry on with something that is so important to you.
It's the little things that are hard, finding the right servo to fill up for instance.
The time he (I guess he was he) would take to get off the bike would mean you would have to carry your own spare fuel in the bikes front boot section (trunk for you Yanks & Canucks), or arrange for the usual 1 only Console Operator to come out, fill your tank for you, take your cash etc.
Perhaps his partner would refuel it later for him, and he only rides a distance which is in the fuel tank range.

Good luck to him, and Mate, made my day just seeing that Spyder in full flight.

Rob.
DTM74, vnuh, Doddy666 and 2 others like this.
post #2 of 4 Old 12-14-2016, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
There's a guy on our local forum that has a similar setup on his FJ-09. Pretty impressive. The outriggers go up and down by an electric ram with a toggle switch at the controls.

vnuh, Kassu and ChicagoAJ like this.

'17 Husky 701 SM
post #3 of 4 Old 12-14-2016, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Garage
This guy is handicapped and can't lift his legs to get on the pegs. He just cruises around in 1st gear rocking his roller-blades. Don't need anything other than 1st on a Busa anyways since it goes to over 100mph, haha. I respect him for doing whatever he can to keep riding.

Previous Rides:
2012 CBR250R
2014 CBR500R (ABS)
2016 FZ-07

Current Rides:
2016 GSX-S1000 (ABS)
2016 CB300F

post #4 of 4 Old 12-14-2016, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
There have been quite a few guys who get spiders because they let you keep riding....those things are fast.

I used to have a 2013 spider rs-s. It would top out at about 120mph. 990cc. always would turn heads. I sold though because once you really learn to ride it, the non defeatable nanny controls kick in way to quick. It rides almost the opposite of a 2 wheeler in that you lean AWAY from the direction your turning in. It was much closer to a snowmobile ride but not as slippery and that was actually part of the problem....I needed a little of that slide on aggressive turns but the bike would fight me. they just aren't track machines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page