the banned loung - Page 82 - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

443Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #811 of 822 Old 11-25-2019, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Just go back with oem parts. They're good quality and can be assured of the fit.
oldjackbob likes this.

2016 GSXS1000F
2017 GSXR1000
post #812 of 822 Old 12-02-2019, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
$18k for an HD Fat Bob. Why the **** are they so expensive?!?

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk
post #813 of 822 Old 12-03-2019, 02:32 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxsdave View Post

Each one and every one comes with the genuine Willie G Davidson's "personally worn by him" Beret.

Rob.

post #814 of 822 Old 12-03-2019, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 600 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxsdave View Post

was sitting on one of those babys last week felt good
post #815 of 822 Old 12-03-2019, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Garage
I think because so many people are willing to pay the money
post #816 of 822 Old 12-04-2019, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
A Harley story from the summer in N Ga. A group of us, 5, were traveling along one of our favorite sections of Hwy 60 and we came upon a Harley. He was moving along at a pretty good pace, especially for a Harley but the 1st two guys in my group passed him. He moved to the right edge to let the rest of us by. I was beside him and motioned him to go ahead, it's kinda nice to see some one that can ride hustle a Harley thru the mountains. He kept up a really good pace and was not holding us up at all. When we came to a faster section of road and the speeds started to get kinda high we went around the guy and kinda forgot about him. About 15 miles later we all stopped at a stop sign, yes they are few and far between up there, to discuss the next road to ride. Just a few seconds after we stopped the Harley rider pulled up. He came up to me and thanked me for letting him ride along with us. He said he hadn't gone that fast in a lot of years and had just got back into riding after a 10 year lay off. He was on a new 114in something or other, a fat boy I think, and said he just got it and was ready to take it in for his first service. He was using one of those flip up full face helmets and when he opened it it was obvious he was an older gent. Come to find out he was 78 and loved being back on a bike. I think the moral here might be you never forget how to ride and the new Harleys go pretty **** good with the right rider on them.
LEAVEITSTOCK and gsxsdave like this.
post #817 of 822 Old 12-04-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Race20 View Post
A Harley story from the summer in N Ga. A group of us, 5, were traveling along one of our favorite sections of Hwy 60 and we came upon a Harley. He was moving along at a pretty good pace, especially for a Harley but the 1st two guys in my group passed him. He moved to the right edge to let the rest of us by. I was beside him and motioned him to go ahead, it's kinda nice to see some one that can ride hustle a Harley thru the mountains. He kept up a really good pace and was not holding us up at all. When we came to a faster section of road and the speeds started to get kinda high we went around the guy and kinda forgot about him. About 15 miles later we all stopped at a stop sign, yes they are few and far between up there, to discuss the next road to ride. Just a few seconds after we stopped the Harley rider pulled up. He came up to me and thanked me for letting him ride along with us. He said he hadn't gone that fast in a lot of years and had just got back into riding after a 10 year lay off. He was on a new 114in something or other, a fat boy I think, and said he just got it and was ready to take it in for his first service. He was using one of those flip up full face helmets and when he opened it it was obvious he was an older gent. Come to find out he was 78 and loved being back on a bike. I think the moral here might be you never forget how to ride and the new Harleys go pretty **** good with the right rider on them.
I love it. I'm not a guy who hates on someone else's ride, but I did always wonder what the appeal of paying more for an underperforming bike was all about (at least on paper).

I mean it's hard to justify paying $18k for a Fat Bob when you can get a Super Duke, etc, for that kind of money. And how much performance is it going to be better than a $7k Vulcan S? I get the appeal of sound, but if an MT-10 or Tuono can give you that lovely sound too for significantly more performance and a cheaper cost.

I won't deny they look badass though.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by gsxsdave; 12-04-2019 at 08:30 PM.
post #818 of 822 Old 12-08-2019, 10:44 AM

https://youtu.be/rvQ9DjJNal0

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
post #819 of 822 Old 12-08-2019, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 600 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
well its like the old saying goes.....if i had to explain you would'ent understand anyway .....owned a few harleys they where ...we can say fun there a helx of a ride
post #820 of 822 Old 12-08-2019, 10:42 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Garage
Hey Stock, I'm starting to lean towards a DR650 as my "Southern Utah" bike. Looks like it has a lot of die-hard support, is bullet proof, loads of aftermarket support, and is very cheap compared to the competition.

I know you've owned a few. Give me your thoughts on it and what do you think of the latest incarnation? (I love the color).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page