23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 86 Old 01-03-2019, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
NFL Playoffs

So it's playoff time in the NFL ,I know a lot of guys are not into sports. I get it from my dad, he had a philosophy about keeping his sons out of trouble. Growing up in NYC I guess he needed a plan, we played in everything,football baseball and basketball dad coached them all. He always seem to have a crew of kids with him, anyway... What's everybody thinking ? Who is going to the superbowl? Me I'm sick of New England , I would like to see KC from the AFC, NFC has a lot of good teams hard to predict .
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.
post #2 of 86 Old 01-03-2019, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Manchester City play Liverpool tonight

proper football
dekker, Beaker and Kaivalagi like this.

mike

video link
post #3 of 86 Old 01-03-2019, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by quatro View Post

proper football
lol now thats some funny shxt

post #4 of 86 Old 01-03-2019, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
I live in Boston and a die hard Pats fan but I think they are one and done this post season.....unless the other teams find a way to blow the games. The team is not very good this year. Gronk is old, no Gordon, but we still have Tom and Bill and you can never count them out. I think when we go to KC we will have a tough time even though we beat them earlier in the season. Being from NY I can't help but get a shot in. Is the strategy of the G men and the Jets to come in last so they can get high draft picks. hasn't seemed to work for them recently. There's always next year???Maybe.
post #5 of 86 Old 01-03-2019, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
nere boston also havent see another gsxs 1000 in close to 3 years...maybe this is the year
post #6 of 86 Old 01-03-2019, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
If defense truly wins championships, then the Chicago Bears are the team everyone is overlooking in the NFC. But the New Orleans Saints are the most well-rounded team in that conference, so they seem very promising, too. I'm going with the SAINTS on the NFC side.

In the AFC, it would be foolish to bet against the New England Patriots as they always seem to find a way to get to the big game. Going with the 'defense wins championships' theme again, that makes the Baltimore Ravens the biggest threat on the AFC side. The Kansas City Chiefs are fun to watch and Patrick Mahomes is an amazing quarterback, but they've been 'exposed' and are beatable due to a weak defense, so I don't think they make it to the big show. I'm going to say PATRIOTS on the AFC side.

So Saints vs. Patriots in the Superbowl and the Saints win it all.

My emotional pick would be the Seattle Seahawks. I love that team. The defense isn't strong enough for a deep run into the playoffs and their offensive line is beat-up, so they will struggle there, too. But...you just never know when a team will 'catch fire' and emotion will have them playing beyond their abilities on paper - GO HAWKS!
post #7 of 86 Old 01-04-2019, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quatro View Post

proper football
Just a stupid American question, but we refer to your "proper football" as soccer. I'm not saying that's right or wrong or defending which one is the real "football" (of coarse yours is), but just curious as to what you Brits refer to US football as (other than something derogatory)?
post #8 of 86 Old 01-04-2019, 06:12 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Just a stupid American question, but we refer to your "proper football" as soccer. I'm not saying that's right or wrong or defending which one is the real "football" (of coarse yours is), but just curious as to what you Brits refer to US football as (other than something derogatory)?
I think it gets called "mercan footbarl"
No, seriously, I seem to remember when I was a kid and Fred Flintstone was just born, in the UK both soccer and football were used. The term soccer seems to be rarely used these days, but that's just my view, I am not a football fan.
There is a regular Sat night TV spot called the NFL Show and the game is played here.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...5vZdVIr4Lq2Czj

Blue Naked 2015 ABS model. PCV, Nitron Ntr-1 shock, MRA screen(modified) Puig crash bungs, HEL lines and EBC-HH pads, job done. (Riding since 1959.)
post #9 of 86 Old 01-04-2019, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Football (soccer) had its origins in about approximately 2-300 BC

Rugby came from football and started in 1845

American Football came from Rugby by a guy at Yale in the 1880s

and its known as most commonly American Football or sometimes NFL
mike d likes this.
post #10 of 86 Old 01-04-2019, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quatro...Big Man City fan also. Been to 3 Man City and Man U matches. The first one was at the old pitch on Maine Rd. Folks here have no idea of the intensity of those darby matches. I played soccer/football all my adult life. In fact, in the Boston area has the biggest men's league in the world. 269 teams from over 30 to over 64. Well organized and we play 10 sundays in the spring and 10 in the fall. I'm 72 now but played until I was 70. I live in Metrowest Massachusetts. Maybe LEAVEITSTOCK and I could connect some day when the weather warms up. I have a Triumph Sprint ST and I'm an active member of the local BIA an anybody is welcome to join our rides.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page