• 5 Post By roy826

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-24-2017, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
My racebike for the 2017 season

I finished it 3 weeks until season starts. It is a new leftover 2015 GSX-R600 I totally went through and added or replaced everything I usually do to race one. It has a nice dyno tune complete with ecu flash and a PCV. Two maps one for pump non ethanol gas and VP MR12 racing fuel. I will be using K-Tech suspension for 2017 it has the catridges up front and the SDS shock out back. Paint was done to replicate the stock Suzuki scheme. Drippin Wet did the graphics and decals on it. Painter knocked the paint job out of the park on this one!

Anyway here it is and I felt like sharing my real passion, road racing motorcycles. I have been riding and racing track since 2000.

[

I in no way planned it to have matching colored bikes in my garage it just worked out that way when I went to buy them both two months ago.

Jaked, Beaker, danGTS and 2 others like this.

Last edited by roy826; 01-25-2017 at 09:24 PM.
post #2 of 6 Old 01-25-2017, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
love that suzuki blue , many of my friends race and i share that racing passion , but a lack of ability limits me to ride days at our track,currently shut down indefinitely, by the powers that be. AAgghh, the best rides i ever had were at Phillip Island Moto GP track on a rented GSXR 600 while doing levels 1 and 2 of the california super bike school , have a good season and may all your finishs be podiums .
post #3 of 6 Old 01-25-2017, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Very nice track ride! Nice to hear you do a lot of the spannering yourself too! Do you do the lock wiring yourself? If so, I do not envy you on that.

Good luck for the upcoming season! If you have the time and inclination, some diary-style reports of your racing would always be well received.

2010 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter S
2016 Suzuki GSXS-1000
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
2007 Honda CBR600RR
2007 Hyosung GT250R

post #4 of 6 Old 01-25-2017, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESXB0Y View Post
Very nice track ride! Nice to hear you do a lot of the spannering yourself too! Do you do the lock wiring yourself? If so, I do not envy you on that.

Good luck for the upcoming season! If you have the time and inclination, some diary-style reports of your racing would always be well received.
not sure if it was on this site but i saw some great reusable gizmos recently that do all the lock wiring in a snap kind of fitting
post #5 of 6 Old 01-26-2017, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESXB0Y View Post

Yes I do all my own safety wiring. It can be a pain in the butt work. A lot of 1/16" drill bits broken and the ones that snap off into the hole just irritate me to now end.

I will post up from time to time on the events as they unfold this year. Our season starts in just two weeks. I won't go if the weather forecast is cold or wet. Just not worth it in those conditions. I am switching from A class which is the 1000s and going back to my roots this year on 600s. Last couple of years on the 1000s has not been necessarily fun.

2016 GSX-S1000
post #6 of 6 Old 01-28-2017, 01:00 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Ok, I have only 2 words in mind. Me likes!

Ok, maybe 4. Me likes a lot!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page