• 1 Post By gixxerjasen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-16-2018, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Concours 14 loses the potato launcher

Man best way to lose weight, 14 lbs to be exact!

Time to lose that rear fender to.
rcannon409 likes this.

2016 GSX-S1000
post #2 of 5 Old 02-16-2018, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Garage
With that giant top box on there, you are worried about the aesthetics of the fender?

Not that I'm bashing the top box, I got a giant UFO Shad on my FJR, and I freaking love it, but these bikes are more utility creatures. Pipe looks nice though. I've passed on a few opportunities for pipes for my sport touring machine but I like the stealth of the thing. I bet yours sounds really good though.
roy826 likes this.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F
post #3 of 5 Old 02-16-2018, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjasen View Post
With that giant top box on there, you are worried about the aesthetics of the fender?

Not that I'm bashing the top box, I got a giant UFO Shad on my FJR, and I freaking love it, but these bikes are more utility creatures. Pipe looks nice though. I've passed on a few opportunities for pipes for my sport touring machine but I like the stealth of the thing. I bet yours sounds really good though.
I only use the top case around town. It is the small kawasaki top case only 39L. Rest of the time the side bags are on the bike. I don't dislike the rear fender but a friend has a eliminator kit he removed from his C14 and I thought I'd give it a try. I avoid rain for the most part unless traveling. On the C14 the swap between the two is minimal work. The pipe is not loud even with DB insert out. The CAT is still in stock header. The pipe sound is deep and mellow with a little rumble. Not loud at all in fact I wish it were a little louder.

I only did the pipe change to lose the weight but it was a very ugly stock pipe with side bags removed.

2016 GSX-S1000

post #4 of 5 Old 02-16-2018, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy826 View Post
Man best way to lose weight, 14 lbs to be exact!

Time to lose that rear fender to.
I wanted a Connie for a while. My dealer has a brand new left over 16 for cheap. But the fjr, although has less power, has cruise control and other features not found on the kawi?

The Dude Abides and Rides:
2017 Suzuki GSX-R 1000-Blue

Track only

2017 R6-Blue/Black
post #5 of 5 Old 02-16-2018, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
I wanted a Connie for a while. My dealer has a brand new left over 16 for cheap. But the fjr, although has less power, has cruise control and other features not found on the kawi?
Yes you are correct. I shopped for a FJR at same time as the C14. Just couldnít find a decent deal on the FJRs. I git this 2012 C14 one owner with only 5800miles on it $1500 below the going price at the time on these things. Iím in it cheap and hate putting any money into it. It was unfortunately one of the valve cover leakers so common on the Kawasakiís. I ordered the parts and did the work myself. Itís done right! I love the brute power on the highway this thing has. It tours at 100 mph plus with ease.

Iíve owned Yamahaís and they are superior in quality over Kawasaki. Even suzuki is better than Kawasaki lol wish suzuki made a bike like this with the busa motor in it Iíd be all over it.

2016 GSX-S1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page