6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 12-10-2018, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Euro 4 Emissions Final @ 31/12/2018

I've just read on two other websites that the 2016 Euro 4 death knell is sounding. Last chance to pick up the last 2 Hayabusa's are still for sale in the UK.
And all the GSX-R600 & 750's are all sold off and there are no replacements coming.
MCN said that Dealers are pinning hopes on the GSX-S 1000 KATANA clone on being a runaway success.

I do hope that those UK Suzuki Dealers are multi franchise as they won't have much of a range.
The US web site said that those unsold by Dec 31 Hayabusa bikes will be sent to non Euro 4 Countries suggesting that USA would be getting them.

Any other non compliant models would get the same fate obviously. I guess that they will have modify them in some respects (clear to amber indicator glasses for example).
Australia does not have any legislation or Rules requiring any emissions such as Euro 4 for bikes; We take anything from around the World with motorcycles, but have local noise levels, distances between indicator lamps that sort of thing that you would not expect that may stop them coming here easily.

Rob.
post #2 of 19 Old 12-10-2018, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 397 Post(s)
I don't understand. Sounds serious, please explain.
post #3 of 19 Old 12-10-2018, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
I've only heard about the 'busa via https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...usa-production but there's some backstory on the larger issue (err, requirement).

post #4 of 19 Old 12-10-2018, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
I think the takeaway is, Suzuki isnt getting its bike up to emissions, so may not be able too ell them everywhere, hence wont update if they cant sell. yeah? I am sure the STRICT emissions will crackdown on all brands though.

We have our bikes, so we are good. I think we will start seeing hybrid bikes then full electric bikes soon.

I dont shed a tear for the busa, ugly bike, dated design. looks like a bike from the 80s still today. couldn't pay me to ride one.
post #5 of 19 Old 12-11-2018, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post
I don't understand. Sounds serious, please explain.
All bikes sold in the European Common Market Countries have a common standard of emission controls which get stricter about every 5 years.
The present standard is called Euro 4 for petrol engined motorcycles; Euro 5 is somewhere around 2021. Cars and trucks have their own Euro standards.
The Euro 4 is accepted as California CARB compliant and therefore the other 49 States.

Euro 4 commenced on 1/1/2016 and bikes that could not comply have for pre 2016 ( Euro 3 compliant design's) 2 years to use up new production made before 2016 to 2018 and old stock in the warehouses.
Australia is getting freshly minted non Euro 4 bikes during 2018, where Europe was not. For how long, depends on US demand, due to Factory profit. 50 -100 GSX-R's a year just for Australia just won't cut it.

When 23:59 strikes that clock, those Euro 3 bikes cannot be road registered in European Countries that enforce Euro 4 emission, noise, and a myriad of other things that comprise that standard.
I've read it on line, it's an unbelievably long & complex document.

Suzuki is not alone, it applies to all Factories which want to sell in Europe. Suzuki decided the Hayabusa, the GSX-R's were not selling well enough to get a return on the technicalities of meeting the strict standards.
The V Strom's got the nod, those above died.You'll see old bikes get new motors that meet newer standards. The Bandit 1200 become gifted with a cleaner Euro 3 1250cc motor, but the GSX1400 did not.

Rob.
post #6 of 19 Old 12-11-2018, 03:31 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
Suzuki is not alone, it applies to all Factories which want to sell in Europe. Suzuki decided the Hayabusa, the GSX-R's were not selling well enough to get a return on the technicalities of meeting the strict standards.
The V Strom's got the nod, those above died.You'll see old bikes get new motors that meet newer standards. The Bandit 1200 become gifted with a cleaner Euro 3 1250cc motor, but the GSX1400 did not.

Rob.
The GSX-R1000 is Euro 4 compliant
post #7 of 19 Old 12-11-2018, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
I think the takeaway is, Suzuki isnt getting its bike up to emissions, so may not be able too ell them everywhere, hence wont update if they cant sell. yeah? I am sure the STRICT emissions will crackdown on all brands though.

We have our bikes, so we are good. I think we will start seeing hybrid bikes then full electric bikes soon.

I dont shed a tear for the busa, ugly bike, dated design. looks like a bike from the 80s still today. couldn't pay me to ride one.
come on freedom,,very harsh words towards the busa....gsxs is no modern marvel now is it....thats probably its best part of the gsxs still a little old school .......you can always wrap the busa in vinyl give it that cheep hip look .....dont ever dis the busa
dekker and oldjackbob like this.
post #8 of 19 Old 12-11-2018, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
the round thing we are all on is 4.5bn years old and petrol was made and burnt in about 100

how lucky are we, it was fun
oldjackbob likes this.

mike

video link
post #9 of 19 Old 12-11-2018, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post

think you are just jealous penguin, a hayabusa is actually named after a bird of prey, a very fast bird of prey but maybe not in the water, wish I could fly
PhuketPaul likes this.

mike

video link

Last edited by quatro; 12-11-2018 at 07:00 PM.
post #10 of 19 Old 12-13-2018, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I'm thinking my uk gsxsf bought in 2015 is euro 3 ? It's difficult to find any information to confirm it. Registration doc is not clear. Any idea where to look ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page