Do your wear hearing protection when riding? - Page 4 - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
View Poll Results: Do your wear hearing protection when riding?
Yes, all of the time. 16 50.00%
Most of the time, unless it's just a short hop. 7 21.88%
Only on long rides. 3 9.38%
No, never. 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 32 Old 08-08-2019, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rstewart41 View Post
..... But I have ridden with was plugs and head phones and I just feel like I'm not fully aware of what's going on around me when I can't hear everything. I know that will be challenged by the people who feel that you can hear more or better when wearing ear plugs and I'm not arguing that I'm just saying that when wearing them I guess I feel even more paranoid of the cagers around me if you can understand what I mean
I use a pair of "concert" or hi-fidelity or whatever their called ear plugs... They don't block out as much as the full foam ones, but they keep the sound to comfortable volumes, and I feel like I can hear everything still. I can even carry out a conversation with helmet on and them in without needing everyone to yell at me.

Anyways, i quoted your post, because that's exactly why I went with those kinds. Foams are juuust a little too good at blanking everything out, or too muffled, for my liking.
gixxerjasen likes this.
post #32 of 32 Old 08-08-2019, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I wear earplugs on anything other than short local hops running errands. Once I got used to wearing them, it feels weird not to have them in when riding. Kind of like when seat belt laws came about. Did not like it at first but now is a bit discomforting not to wear them. Or riding without a jacket for protection..similar for me.
mike d, gixxerjasen and oldjackbob like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page