3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 03-17-2016, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Stainless braided option found

Guys, I notice few have a fitment for the non abs gsxs-1000...faired, or naked.

I happened upon a situation where I needed the line set for this bike. My ninja 1000 is running suzuki gsxr 1000 brembo brakes and a master cylinder very similar to what you use. The set for your bike would have been perfect.

I did not want to get into fully custom lines. Its hard to choose the proper fittings, and get them angles correctly. I thought I was screwed until I talked with Core Moto.

Core moto makes a set of lines for the 2015 gsxr 1000. Perfect, except those are too short. Then I noticed their drop down box has an option for length. You can choose standard, plus 2, plus 4..whatever you want.

So, I took a length of clear, vinyl tubing and cut it 36 inches long. I used this tubing to simulate the proper length. In my case, I needed a line 32 inches long, for the left side, 33 for the right. I recommend the vinyl tubing as it acts more like a brake line as opposed to a piece of string.

I placed my order. I added the set of lines to fit the gsxr 1000, 2012 -2015. In the note section I told them what length to cut to. I measured from the end of the fitting to the end of the fitting so as to avoid confusion.

I ordered on tuesday, and by friday, my lines were here.

Perfect fit, and amazing quality. I paid full price (115.00), so this is no compensated post. Their service is amazing, and so is the quality, Theres no need to wait if you are after a set.

Last edited by rcannon409; 03-17-2016 at 08:31 AM.
post #2 of 16 Old 03-17-2016, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage
Hel are now doing a full kit too not for non abs though

Certain people are like slinky's, no apparent use but always bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs
post #3 of 16 Old 03-17-2016, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Stainless braided option found

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
Guys, I notice few have a fitment for the non abs gsxs-1000...faired, or naked.

I happened upon a situation where I needed the line set for this bike. My ninja 1000 is running suzuki gsxr 1000 brembo brakes and a master cylinder very similar to what you use. The set for your bike would have been perfect.

I did not want to get into fully custom lines. Its hard to choose the proper fittings, and get them angles correctly. I thought I was screwed until I talked with Core Moto.

Core moto makes a set of lines for the 2015 gsxr 1000. Perfect, except those are too short. Then I noticed their drop down box has an option for length. You can choose standard, plus 2, plus 4..whatever you want.

So, I took a length of clear, vinyl tubing and cut it 36 inches long. I used this tubing to simulate the proper length. In my case, I needed a line 32 inches long, for the left side, 33 for the right. I recommend the vinyl tubing as it acts more like a brake line as opposed to a piece of string.

I placed my order. I added the set of lines to fit the gsxr 1000, 2012 -2015. In the note section I told them what length to cut to. I measured from the end of the fitting to the end of the fitting so as to avoid confusion.

I ordered on tuesday, and by friday, my lines were here.

Perfect fit, and amazing quality. I paid full price (115.00), so this is no compensated post. Their service is amazing, and so is the quality, Theres no need to wait if you are after a set.
That's interesting to know, don't forget to come back and tell us if it's made a noticeable difference in the braking.

post #4 of 16 Old 03-17-2016, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
No, I needed lines. Theres never much of a difference in stainless lines. We have lousy pads to begin with, not a line issue. When new, the rubber works just as well. Five years from now? Maybe....

If you upgrade to the Vesrah brake pads, the performance is amazing. Like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vesrah-RJL-R...tSAn55&vxp=mtr

BUT, when you have nothing running to the calipers, these make a major difference!

With that being said, the Core Lines are the best I've worked with.

Oddly enough, landy10, the HEl UK distributor has a lien set, but not the usa division. Must be two separate companies?

Last edited by rcannon409; 03-18-2016 at 10:31 AM.
post #5 of 16 Old 03-19-2016, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
OK, ok...so maybe they did help a tiny bit. Still tough to say as I bled the system, twice...
post #6 of 16 Old 03-20-2016, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by landy10 View Post
Hel are now doing a full kit too not for non abs though
I found Hel kits for both ABS model and for non-ABS model on ebay.
tonyt likes this.
post #7 of 16 Old 03-20-2016, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yes, the uk distributor has them, but the USA distributor of HEl does not have the spec. I thought about doing it this way, but the shipping cost was high, and transit time was long. I had the custom lines in three days.

Now, one might assume the US guy would call the UK guy and get the info, but no offer was made to do this....??????

Truthfully, this measure yourself is awesome, and there was no extra charge.
post #8 of 16 Old 03-20-2016, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders r View Post
I found Hel kits for both ABS model and for non-ABS model on ebay.
Have you got the link Anders...
post #9 of 16 Old 03-20-2016, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
No, I can't afford it for quite a while so I didn't remember the link. I searched for gsx-s1000 brakes and saw them as I scrolled by. Dreaming is still Free though.
post #10 of 16 Old 03-20-2016, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page