• 1 Post By Beaker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-14-2016, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hyperpro progressive spring kit

Anyone tried the kit from Hyperpro, 2 fronts & rear springs and fork oil for $300. I'm afraid that it's too harsh for our bike by seeing the review for other bikes that it's stiffer than the stocks.
post #2 of 8 Old 10-14-2016, 04:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
I'll let you know shortly.
I've used the Hyperpro front springs in the past and have always been pleased with the results. Normally they absorb the smaller bumps and give a really smooth ride without bottoming out on the big bumps or heavy braking.
I've gone for the front springs and and the 461 fully adjustable rear shock. Set for my weight obviously.
There is another guy on here (Martin ?) who has the front springs fitted on his naked, I think he was saying they are too hard. I tried to reply to his post and my post got rejected and deleted for some strange reason???
So I don't know if his problem was set up related, weight related or whatever. I know he had a question about the oil levels as there is a difference between the S and the F from Suzuki but not from Hyperpro manual.
Time will tell. 3-5 week wait for the rear shock as they make them to order. I'll take some piccies and post when it comes
caynam likes this.

Pull my finger
post #3 of 8 Old 10-14-2016, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Awesome, I was very closed to place the nitron shock order, in fact i was doing it but the online website didn't let me ship to different address than my billing. They sent me an email the next day asking if they can help but I decided to pass it.
Their streetbox with fork springs + oil and the rear shock is still cheaper than the Nitron shock alone. I don't see they offer custom build on the emulsion 460 shock of the streetbox. How much the custom build shock cost you? Thanks.

post #4 of 8 Old 10-14-2016, 05:11 AM

I went to Cal Sports https://calsport.co.uk/suzuki-gsxs-1...ro-suspension/
The 460 is the same type of basic shock we already have in our bikes (other than its sprung for your weight) But I wanted a bit more feature wise. I have often found you need different compression settings to rebound settings depending on the road/time of year also through the life of a shock and didn't want to have to compromise with a fixed ratio between them like in the 460. I was comparing the Wilbers, Nitron and Hyperpro fully adjustable versions and there is only about 20-30 between them if you have the same features ( think the wilbers worked out the cheapest for the options offered)
So I went with the Hyperpro as I've always had good service in the past and I thought it would be good to match both the front and rear end suspension.

Pull my finger
post #5 of 8 Old 10-14-2016, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I'll let you know shortly.
I've used the Hyperpro front springs in the past and have always been pleased with the results. Normally they absorb the smaller bumps and give a really smooth ride without bottoming out on the big bumps or heavy braking.
I've gone for the front springs and and the 461 fully adjustable rear shock. Set for my weight obviously.
There is another guy on here (Martin ?) who has the front springs fitted on his naked, I think he was saying they are too hard. I tried to reply to his post and my post got rejected and deleted for some strange reason???
So I don't know if his problem was set up related, weight related or whatever. I know he had a question about the oil levels as there is a difference between the S and the F from Suzuki but not from Hyperpro manual.
Time will tell. 3-5 week wait for the rear shock as they make them to order. I'll take some piccies and post when it comes
Hi yep that's me the front end setting are 7 comp and 7 rebound plus 3 lines preload the fork oil level is 130mm which as I can feel is way to hard no real movement it the front legs under hard braking just half the fork leg silver bit ???? Used tried 5 lines preload and 9clicks comp and rebound better but not right on the naked feels like the front is going to slip out in turns roundabouts phoned my supplier he going to ask hyerpro about it as Suzuki do use different oil levels in the f and the naked
vnuh likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-14-2016, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well, look like I'm going to live with stock for now. No suspension shop here and don't want ride a stick.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-14-2016, 10:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Have to say I find the front end reasonably acceptable... mind you that might all change when I've fitted me new Nitron shock... !!!
post #8 of 8 Old 10-17-2016, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinsmith View Post
Hi yep that's me the front end setting are 7 comp and 7 rebound plus 3 lines preload the fork oil level is 130mm which as I can feel is way to hard no real movement it the front legs under hard braking just half the fork leg silver bit ???? Used tried 5 lines preload and 9clicks comp and rebound better but not right on the naked feels like the front is going to slip out in turns roundabouts phoned my supplier he going to ask hyerpro about it as Suzuki do use different oil levels in the f and the naked
Good luck with your enquiries Martin. Keep us posted with how you get on.
On my last bike I turned the compression and rebound off entirely and then added a click at a time to find where the compression adjustment started to work. Then I did the same with the rebound. I used that as my base setting and went out and rode it and then made my final adjustments from there. Funny enough. It was only a click or two from what Hyperpro recommend.
Let us know how you get on.
Martinsmith likes this.

Pull my finger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page