LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-30-2017, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Brake pads. Vesrah XX tested

Stock brakes are crap.

They're meant to last the warranty period. Having to last so long they'll feel like wood... requiring a full hand to get decent brake feel out of them. This is also bad for downshifting since you can't blip the throttle correctly.

I was going to try the EBC but decided to go with the Vesrah XX pads SKU: 2416-VD-9031RJL-XX

I had my brakes professionally bled. Feedback from my shop was that the stock master cylinder is crap and will never get great feedback without an upgrade. But bleeding the brakes did improve just enough for me to be happy with.

On the way home, just 5 miles or so the brakes were very strong with only one finger. CHACHING!

Contrary to rumors, they do not eat rotors... so no worries there.

On the track:
I had to relearn to brake for corners since the brakes don't bite hard at the beginning, not linear (intentionally)... this is great so you don't upset the suspension and maintain control if you tend to grab the brakes from a panic. I'm very smooth on the brakes but now I had to be more aggressive and grab harder and only with 1/2 fingers depending on the corner. Never faded and were strong from the first lap out. Very predictable.

On the street:
Very effortless braking with 1/2 fingers and even on cooler nights 45F they didn't have any issues.

Conclusion
Big safety improvement for the track and street.

Installation
- clean rotors with Scotch Brite heavy duty
- don't get any oil on new pads
- do one caliper at a time (master cylinder fluid will overflow)
- remove and hang 1 caliper by a wire not the brake lines
- original used pads slide out to the middle and pulling out one by one (no removing of back plate)
- remove master cylinder cap so fluid can rise when you push pins but leave cap on top so dirt doesn't go in. Cover paint area, don't want fluid spilling on paint.
- if your pads are not worn enough and can't be slid out, clean the best you can the caliper and push in just enough to slide one pad out.
- clean your caliper fully before pushing the pins back in. They don't have to go in all the way, just enough to fit over the rotor. Brake cleaner, toothbrush, cardboard to protect everything.
- slide new pads in correctly.
- install caliper with bolts FINGER tight
- tighten master cylinder cap and pump brake
- repeat for other caliper
- set calipers, spin wheel and brake 10 times to set position
- spin wheel, lock and HOLD the brake, tighten caliper bolts 39Nm
- test wheel spins freely without restricting spots
- bleed brakes at a pro shop and mention if you have ABS

Pics: Suzuki GSX-S1000 brembo brake pads to Vesrah XX - Album on Imgur
WMus26, dima_cnj and TheDude like this.

Last edited by sangedegsx; 05-31-2017 at 04:34 PM.
post #2 of 3 Old 05-31-2017, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
graph from another post showing how the brakes are intended to work with braking pressure vs time & temp

post #3 of 3 Old 05-31-2017, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
I love that pad you bought. Thats pretty much my go to.

However, this one might be even better....They talked me into trying it. They said the compound would last longer on my concours 14.

https://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/prod...jusu6m7g84ipv5

I THINK I will try this ct pad on my gsxr calipers,next time. The power feels very similar , once its warm. When it scold, it might even feel more powerful.

Both are great, but if this ct last longer, it might be worth the extra 10.00, per set?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page