15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 Old 07-02-2017, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ABS delete

It's always nice to have the speedo working. I deleted the ABS module and replaced brake lines with non-ABS braided ones. Only problem is that the speedometer is not working when the ABS module is disconnected. I believe there are two pins that must be jumped but I haven't figured out which ones yet. Anyone know? I think it's the same as the ones in the GSX-R. There was a DIY somewhere about it but haven't been able to trace it back.
post #2 of 42 Old 07-02-2017, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Pulling the fuse for the ABS would have been a lot easier than removing the entire unit. The weight savings means nothing unless you are racing for a living. ABS is a pretty awesome invention. I would never remove mine. It allows me to run some stout brake pads without fear of locking up the tires. Worth its weight in Gold IMHO.

If I were you I'd put the ABS back on the bike. You could have improved your brakes dramatically with SBS RS front pads. I have them and trust me, I don't need any more braking power now. The pads alone are a superb, inexpensive and super easy brake upgrade. One to two finger braking for any situation with plenty of control and feel. Four fingers and you will go over the bars haha.

Good luck.
R1KSU likes this.
post #3 of 42 Old 07-02-2017, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for your feedback. I like to customise my stuff and set it up exactly how I want. I guess we are all different.
JimSoft likes this.

post #4 of 42 Old 07-03-2017, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
how weird to disconnect ABS . Totally weird . I learned to brake without it but when i am riding a track day and and i feel the ABS kick in i think , ah am at max braking and i don't have to worry about front wheel lock up , snick down a gear tip in and go how sweet it is . If i was Marky Mark or Rossi I would not need or want it but not having reached Alien status yet am loving it.
When in the Perth traffic on a greasy public street and a tin top causes me to suddenly,break hard i do it in the knowledge i won't lock up the front , ah sweet, I love it set up your stuff exactly as you want by all means but , wow you must be one hot rider if you can out brake the ABS on this bike
post #5 of 42 Old 07-03-2017, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
It's funny how the OP ask a question but instead of an answer gets reasons why he is wrong for wanting what he wants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beaker and JimSoft like this.
post #6 of 42 Old 07-03-2017, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Yeah this is true, no one answered his question. I wish I knew the answer. Maybe you can have the dealership look at it? They may be able to figure it out. Only helpful comment I can give other than seek a dealers advice would be the speedo is measure at the front wheel. Maybe you might have accidentally unplugged the sensor when removing ABS?
JimSoft likes this.

The Dude Abides and Rides:
2017 Suzuki GSX-R 1000-Blue

Track only

2017 R6-Blue/Black
post #7 of 42 Old 07-03-2017, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dqban View Post
It's funny how the OP ask a question but instead of an answer gets reasons why he is wrong for wanting what he wants
Agreed. I had the same problem when I asked which colour I should paint my seat cowl two told me I should have bought a different one already painted!
post #8 of 42 Old 07-03-2017, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dqban View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You new to bike forums? Its called having an opinion. What's funny about it?

I don't know the answer to his question, and neither does the OP....which is why he shouldn't be removing his ABS module IMO. He can and will ignore my opinion if he doesn't like it. No harm done
post #9 of 42 Old 07-03-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSoft View Post
Agreed. I had the same problem when I asked which colour I should paint my seat cowl two told me I should have bought a different one already painted!
I certainly would have if you had made it clear you already purchased one and which model you purchased.

Track only

2017 R6-Blue/Black
post #10 of 42 Old 07-03-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharger View Post
You new to bike forums? Its called having an opinion. What's funny about it?

I don't know the answer to his question, and neither does the OP....which is why he shouldn't be removing his ABS module IMO. He can and will ignore my opinion if he doesn't like it. No harm done
Your certainly not wrong. Most benefit from abs, and there is little opportunity to "race" this class of motorcycle. However, sometimes it's not what you say, rather it's the way you say it......
sangedegsx likes this.

Track only

2017 R6-Blue/Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page