new shock time which one? - Page 13 - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 153 Old 06-25-2019, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Has anyone tried the Hagon fitment M63079 SUZUKI GSX - S1000F (JS1DG) 15>17? It's £299 direct from their website and can be rebuilt.
post #122 of 153 Old 06-26-2019, 05:15 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braaperino View Post
I have a penske 8983 from my CBR600rr, can you guys show me where you guys mounted your reservoirs?
I used to have it mounted on my pillion foot rest but I want to maintain my pillion footrests on the gsxs.

I've heard some mounted in the seat, some mounted in the pillion seat. Just want to see my options
I have my preload adjuster mounted on the right exhaust mount and compression adjuster mounted on the left side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GSX S1.jpg (347.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Ohlins 2.jpg (141.6 KB, 29 views)
Beaker likes this.

4 wheels move the body, but 2 wheels move the soul.

1982 Honda CB750 BOL D'OR
2017 Kawasaki GTR 1400
2017 Suzuki GSX S1000
post #123 of 153 Old 06-26-2019, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieben View Post
I have my preload adjuster mounted on the right exhaust mount and compression adjuster mounted on the left side.
how much was that shock?

post #124 of 153 Old 06-27-2019, 02:28 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
how much was that shock?
Unfortunately you can't easily buy that shock as it is custom built, it was built to my specification by an Ohlins technician I know. Its an STX 46 modified and valved how I wanted it.

4 wheels move the body, but 2 wheels move the soul.

1982 Honda CB750 BOL D'OR
2017 Kawasaki GTR 1400
2017 Suzuki GSX S1000
post #125 of 153 Old 06-27-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
how much was that shock?
Unfortunately you can't easily buy that shock as it is custom built, it was built to my specification by an Ohlins technician I know. Its an STX 46 modified and valved how I wanted it.
Yeah sorry, i just went through the whole thread and read your explanation.

That's a bummer for us without a connect.

I guess I'll just go with the ktech 😞
post #126 of 153 Old 07-01-2019, 05:21 PM

Im stuck between choosing either the ktech razor-r or the wilbers 641, price is about the same.

can someone chime in and give me a recommendation?
post #127 of 153 Old 07-02-2019, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Both high quality. Both have same amount of adjustments. I have the Wilbers and like it. Many others have the K-Tech and like it. Both good. Can't go wrong either way. I think if I was doing it over again, I'd go with the K-Tech because they give you a way to mount the remote adjuster. Wilbers just leaves you to figure it out on your own.
post #128 of 153 Old 07-02-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog4aday View Post
Both high quality. Both have same amount of adjustments. I have the Wilbers and like it. Many others have the K-Tech and like it. Both good. Can't go wrong either way. I think if I was doing it over again, I'd go with the K-Tech because they give you a way to mount the remote adjuster. Wilbers just leaves you to figure it out on your own.
I thought they give you the mounting bracket for the passenger seat? or are you talking about the preload adjuster?

also, the wilbers 641 has high and low speed compression adjustment, razor-r only has one compression adjustment
post #129 of 153 Old 07-04-2019, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Braaperino, you are good! Yes, the Wilbers has HIGH and LOW speed COMPRESSION adjustability which is why I chose it over the K-Tech. I'm very sensitive to the high-speed compression setting and didn't want to risk getting yet another shock that was too harsh in that regard. But the K-Tech 'using' folks on here have found that the Razor's high-speed setting is perfect out-of-the-box, so knowing that, I would not be held back from getting one. It does have a 'compression' adjustment, but doesn't separate them out like Wilber's does.

A lot of people don't know the difference in the two compression settings so having one more knob/screw to play with is a 'bad' thing for them. They just want it to 'work' out of the box with less to screw up. The K-Tech is good for that since they seem to have gotten the high-speed compression setting correct. Others like the ability to control 'everything', and the Wilbers is probably better for them. The Razor comes with length adjustment capability and the Wilbers does not (but it can be ordered that way for a bit extra.) So both are 'four-way' adjustable, but differ ever so slightly on what those four adjustments are.

The "remote adjuster" on the K-Tech has the mount accessible whereas the Wilber mount requires removing the seat to get to it AND it takes up the space I used to keep my tire plug 'strings' and tools...but as time goes on, I'm warming up to it. Really, you only need to access those adjustment screws early on. Once the shock is dialed in, it's probably better they are 'out-of-sight-out-of-mind'. Po-TAY-to / Pa-TAH-to. I think for equal money, the shocks are of equal value and use. Minor differences, and you were wise to 'parse' out what those differences were for those that are really getting serious and trying to figure out which would be best for THEIR use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg k-tech mount bracket.jpg (67.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Wilbers mount.jpg (57.3 KB, 27 views)
mike d, gsxsdave and stuckmoto like this.

Last edited by frog4aday; 07-04-2019 at 11:44 AM. Reason: forget the period after 'are'
post #130 of 153 Old 07-05-2019, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
What exhaust hanger is that?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page