Rear shock ??? ZX10R? - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 01-06-2019, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Question Rear shock ??? ZX10R?

Hi. I also wanted to improve the rear silencer by replacing the zx10r,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/kawasaki-20...bd1d%7Ciid%3A1

but now I think that setting is probably quite difficult,
when the shock is behind the rear swinging fork.
Do you have any experience?
Ohlins is out of my options.

Thanks for the opinions.
Roman.
yaluroo is offline  
post #2 of 40 Old 01-06-2019, 11:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Durham, UK
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluroo View Post
Hi. I also wanted to improve the rear silencer by replacing the zx10r,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/kawasaki-20...bd1d%7Ciid%3A1

but now I think that setting is probably quite difficult,
when the shock is behind the rear swinging fork.
Do you have any experience?
Ohlins is out of my options.

Thanks for the opinions.
Roman.
A ZX10 shock will fit, to adjust settings would be possible but more awkward. try an Aprillia Tuono rear shock which is a close match on length and would be easier to adjust.

4 wheels move the body, but 2 wheels move the soul.

1982 Honda CB750 BOL D'OR
2017 Kawasaki GTR 1400
2017 Suzuki GSX S1000
Robbieben is offline  
post #3 of 40 Old 01-09-2019, 08:21 PM
Junior Member
 
didi1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieben View Post
A ZX10 shock will fit, to adjust settings would be possible but more awkward. try an Aprillia Tuono rear shock which is a close match on length and would be easier to adjust.
Hi, can i know which year that Aprilia Tuono shock that fit with GSXS1000? Any review?

Last edited by didi1985; 01-10-2019 at 03:11 AM.
didi1985 is offline  
 
post #4 of 40 Old 01-10-2019, 03:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Durham, UK
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by didi1985 View Post
Hi, can i know which year that Aprilia Tuono shock that fit with GSXS1000? Any review?
2006 - 2010 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APRILLIA-...pNvp:rk:1:pf:0

4 wheels move the body, but 2 wheels move the soul.

1982 Honda CB750 BOL D'OR
2017 Kawasaki GTR 1400
2017 Suzuki GSX S1000
Robbieben is offline  
post #5 of 40 Old 01-10-2019, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Maybe try again from R6 2013, which has a container built otherwise than the GSXR1000, where the battery cover has to be adjusted.
look at the picture, although it does not fit the perspective, but the view should be the difference in the location of the container.

and I do not know if we're going to get better at the Tuono shock absorber.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l16002.jpg (146.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (128.4 KB, 44 views)
yaluroo is offline  
post #6 of 40 Old 01-10-2019, 10:31 PM
Senior Member
 
PhuketPaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Phuket. Thailand
Posts: 1,235
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluroo View Post
Maybe try again from R6 2013, which has a container built otherwise than the GSXR1000, where the battery cover has to be adjusted.
look at the picture, although it does not fit the perspective, but the view should be the difference in the location of the container.

and I do not know if we're going to get better at the Tuono shock absorber.
Problem with that R6 shock is the bottom mount on the GSXS shock is male and female on the R6

The R6 shock may fit the GSX-S750 though

GSXS1000 Shock Bottom mount



GSXS1000 shock top mount


Last edited by PhuketPaul; 01-10-2019 at 10:36 PM.
PhuketPaul is offline  
post #7 of 40 Old 01-11-2019, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for responde.

It's my fault. I had to measure it. So I'm going to try the Kawasaki shock absorber and jack-up raiser kit, even though it's going to be wrong to set it up because the positioning of the adjusting elements is behind a swinging fork.
yaluroo is offline  
post #8 of 40 Old 01-11-2019, 09:25 AM
Junior Member
 
didi1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketPaul View Post
Problem with that R6 shock is the bottom mount on the GSXS shock is male and female on the R6

The R6 shock may fit the GSX-S750 though

GSXS1000 Shock Bottom mount



GSXS1000 shock top mount

PhuketPaul, can i know what shock you use right now? By the way, i know if swap with zx10 shock we need to add jack up kit around 30mm. Can we use the shock extander to jack up so our bike with have the same seat high like before?

didi1985 is offline  
post #9 of 40 Old 01-11-2019, 09:53 AM
Senior Member
 
PhuketPaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Phuket. Thailand
Posts: 1,235
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
I use a Ohlins TTX GP from a 2015 GSXR 1000. Not a straightforward install but not too difficult. The details are in my website.
If all the dimensions match up i don't see why the shock extender wouldn't work
PhuketPaul is offline  
post #10 of 40 Old 01-15-2019, 08:06 AM
Junior Member
 
didi1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketPaul View Post
I use a Ohlins TTX GP from a 2015 GSXR 1000. Not a straightforward install but not too difficult. The details are in my website.
If all the dimensions match up i don't see why the shock extender wouldn't work

Phuketpaul, can i know the length for GSXS1000 standard shock from eyes to eyes. Thank you.
didi1985 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome