LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 120 Old 10-24-2018, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjackbob View Post
My main concern whenever I gas up the bike is that there's still a large amount of regular- or mid-grade gas left in the pump pipes and hose from the previous gas pump user, so I'm not really getting a full dose of premium fuel when I top up my tank, because the first gallon or so (an estimate) of gas in the hose is regular- or mid-grade. And the situation is only exacerbated whenever I'm topping up the bike and there's still some gas left in my tank -- i.e., if I only needed 2 gallons of fuel then I actually only got one gallon of premium, and one gallon of regular- or mid-grade.

I hope I explained that well enough to get my point across.
We don't have that here in the UK, that i know of. We have dedicated pumps for the each.
post #112 of 120 Old 10-24-2018, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Garage
There is a BP and a Shell station 350 yards apart where I live. I have seen a tanker (no brand logo) pull off the BP place and when I walk down the road there he is at the Shell place. Does he go to Asda and Tesco as well ?

Blue Naked 2015 ABS model. PCV, Nitron Ntr-1 shock, MRA screen(modified) Puig crash bungs, HEL lines and EBC-HH pads, job done. (Riding since 1959.)
post #113 of 120 Old 10-24-2018, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekker View Post
There is a BP and a Shell station 350 yards apart where I live. I have seen a tanker (no brand logo) pull off the BP place and when I walk down the road there he is at the Shell place. Does he go to Asda and Tesco as well ?

Well Iíll be
I knew that happened at the supermarket pumps but didnít know it happened between the big main brands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull my finger

post #114 of 120 Old 10-24-2018, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Well Iíll be
I knew that happened at the supermarket pumps but didnít know it happened between the big main brands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends on where you are. I live in a mountain valley in the middle of nowhere. We have one fuel truck for all the stations. Individual stations may put additives in, but I've never bothered to ask them.

2016 GSXS1000FAL6
post #115 of 120 Old 12-04-2018, 10:08 PM
DDay

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I’m Lucky enough to have a place locally(Toms thumb marketplace) in Scottsdale Arizona for those of you or close enough to get to it that has both 95 and 100 octane On pump! I ride fairly aggressively and have noticed an average of 20-30 mile increase in range Over 91 octane and if I do have to go to 91 for whatever reason I try to go to Chevron and get the premium with techron and I avoid shell gas I have had a lot of problems with it for whatever reason?
post #116 of 120 Old 05-09-2019, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
mostly 95 octane with a completely stock 2017 model... sometimes a do fill her up with 98 octane when i go street rossi mode. 95 octane is much better for throttle jerkiness and i ride always with Traction control at 1

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
post #117 of 120 Old 05-09-2019, 11:43 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Stateside folks should read https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...-octane-rating

Then check out https://www.pure-gas.org/ to find a station nearby that sells... well... real gas.
post #118 of 120 Old 05-09-2019, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
Stateside folks should read https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...-octane-rating

Then check out https://www.pure-gas.org/ to find a station nearby that sells... well... real gas.
Nice links!
In the end, you have to settle for what's available. The available gas octane rating gets lower at altitude (less oxygen=less pre-ignition potential). Around here, I'm at 4600' asl, and the best you can get is 91.

Then there's the ethenol free problem... Few gas stations around here carry it, and the octane rating for the ethanol free is 85 or 87.
post #119 of 120 Old 05-11-2019, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
I always get the highest octane but I don't go out of my way to go to Sunoco , I think they are 92 most places around here have 91.Now if there was a place around here with ethenol free gas I would go the extra miles .
post #120 of 120 Old 05-11-2019, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Thankfully there are several 91 ethanol free stations around locally. Run ethanol free gas in all my vehicles when possible.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page