Corbin Seat - Page 4 - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 32 Old 01-08-2019, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Yes, agree with GSXS-NH; the pictures are great. I wanted to see the 'slope' or angle of the rider portion with the seat on the bike and your pics show that really clearly. In a way, the Corbin seat is a BETTER setup than the OEM seat from the standpoint of accessing the battery area. With the stock seat, you have to remove the passenger seat, then get an allen wrench to remove the rider seat. With the Corbin seat, you insert the key, turn, then lift off the whole unit, giving you access to everything at one time. And you are right, with the 'tabs' at the front and the lock at the back, combined with that really stiff and heavy 'base pan', that seat isn't going anywhere until you want it to be removed. Now you have me tempted. I really just want the FRONT seat, but they don't do it that way. I'm going to visit my local upholstery shop and see what they can do first by modifying the stock unit. If their work turns out to be a flop, it looks like Corbin will be getting some of my money...again.
post #32 of 32 Old 02-03-2019, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
blue72beetle, did you ever purchase the Corbin seat or did you find another solution?
I'm looking for another seat than the stock that would be safer and more comfortably for a pillion.

Thanks,

Lasse
No, I haven't got one. So far, the stock seat has been "good enough". First stock seat I've ever ridden that hasn't been murder on my ass.
mike d and Lasse like this.

"Its designed to look like a crouching beast"
"Looks more like an Angry Bird character"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in