Need Stock Windscreen - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 01-25-2020, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Radiofun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Need Stock Windscreen

So let's get one thing clear right off the bat: I did a stupid thing. I used Goof Off to remove the residue from a sticker that the dealer put on my windscreen. Sure enough, it melted the plastic. Doubt very much it would buff out. So, anyone got a stock windscreen for a 2018 bike they want to sell?
Radiofun is offline  
post #2 of 12 Old 01-25-2020, 05:27 PM
Senior Member
 
GSXS-NH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Intervale, NH (USA)
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage
Naked or an f?
I have one for my "f" I'll sell.
oldjackbob and frog4aday like this.
GSXS-NH is online now  
post #3 of 12 Old 01-25-2020, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Radiofun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
It's an f. What's everyone condition and how much are you asking. PM me if you like.
Radiofun is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old 01-25-2020, 06:39 PM
Senior Member
 
GSXS-NH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Intervale, NH (USA)
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage
PM sent.
GSXS-NH is online now  
post #5 of 12 Old 01-25-2020, 09:55 PM
Senior Member
 
mike d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.
Posts: 1,931
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Garage
I replaced my stock windshield with one of these double bubble and same size as stock. (I'm not sure if that's the seller I bought from, but they are all over the place on ebay). They work great, look great, and can be had in many different tints and colors and are CHEAP! I am currently using a black one and think it looks great.
mike d is online now  
post #6 of 12 Old 01-26-2020, 09:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: DFW Area
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
I replaced my stock windshield with one of these double bubble and same size as stock. (I'm not sure if that's the seller I bought from, but they are all over the place on ebay). They work great, look great, and can be had in many different tints and colors and are CHEAP! I am currently using a black one and think it looks great.
Hey Mike, I have 2 questions (and thanks for the link!):

1) Why did you replace the stock windshield with the one in the link?

2) How tall are you (related to the next question)?

3) How does the airflow around your helmet compare between the stock windshield and the one in your link (I get some buffeting with the stock windshield)?

TIA
oldjackbob is online now  
post #7 of 12 Old 01-26-2020, 11:38 AM
Senior Member
 
mike d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.
Posts: 1,931
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjackbob View Post
Hey Mike, I have 2 questions (and thanks for the link!):

1) Why did you replace the stock windshield with the one in the link?

2) How tall are you (related to the next question)?

3) How does the airflow around your helmet compare between the stock windshield and the one in your link (I get some buffeting with the stock windshield)?

TIA
Those screens are plug and play. Just remove the 4 bolts on the original screen, put the new screen on and screw it down.
I'm 5'10". The airflow seems close to the same as stock. It seems very clean to me. The screen blocks from about the neck down. My head is in clean air.
I also went with bar end mirrors, which I think clean the air flow up a bit too.
Mine is shown in this thread - post #2.
oldjackbob likes this.

Last edited by mike d; 01-26-2020 at 11:42 AM.
mike d is online now  
post #8 of 12 Old 01-28-2020, 10:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Australia.
Posts: 1,053
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Just remember those EBAY cheap screen's are known to suddenly crack apart with speed, sun, vibration, impact (whatever). Can be a fatal.
You won't see the safety logo's on them (unless their fakes too, of course). Sort of like the cheap Chinese mirrors, and lever's; there's a few pearls amongst the swine.

Rob.
Slower and Slower is online now  
post #9 of 12 Old 01-28-2020, 10:28 PM
Senior Member
 
mike d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.
Posts: 1,931
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
Just remember those EBAY cheap screen's are known to suddenly crack apart with speed, sun, vibration, impact (whatever). Can be a fatal.
You won't see the safety logo's on them (unless their fakes too, of course). Sort of like the cheap Chinese mirrors, and lever's; there's a few pearls amongst the swine.

Rob.
Hey Rob, don't be a drama queen.

I've had two of them and I don't feel like my life is in jeopardy. I'm sure the disintegration process for the inferior product would take long enough to be recognized by even the least astute observer.
frog4aday likes this.
mike d is online now  
post #10 of 12 Old 01-28-2020, 10:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Australia.
Posts: 1,053
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Hey Rob, don't be a drama queen.

I've had two of them and I don't feel like my life is in jeopardy. I'm sure the disintegration process for the inferior product would take long enough to be recognized by even the least astute observer.
From the video's that I have seen, they do fail without any warning.
There's a difference between perspex and acrylic.
https://coloradoplastics.com/polycar...crylic-lucite/

Rob.
Slower and Slower is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome