User Tag List

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 Old 07-28-2018, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Garage
Off all the time now in summer, once you get over the mental part it's not scary.
post #12 of 35 Old 07-28-2018, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekker View Post
1 most of the time 3 if it's wet.
Off when attempting - and failing - to wheelie.
I thought TC just prevented the rear wheel from spinning or loosing traction... how does TC affect pulling a wheelie?
post #13 of 35 Old 07-28-2018, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekker View Post
1 most of the time 3 if it's wet.
Off when attempting - and failing - to wheelie.
I thought TC just prevented the rear wheel from spinning or loosing traction... how does TC affect pulling a wheelie?
Measures the differential from front and rear wheel speed to determine slippage. Front wheel in the air slows down. Tc intercedes.

post #14 of 35 Old 07-28-2018, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Garage
I usually had TC=Off with my GSXS. Same with the Triple (more "complex" setup though.. have to turn it off in "Bike Setup" for "Rider mode").

TC=1 (GSXS) will in certain conditions allow a huuge wheelie until the ECU notices that the front wheel is not spinning as fast as the rear.

2018 - Speed Triple S
2015 - GSX-S1000
2009 - B-King 1441
post #15 of 35 Old 07-28-2018, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bking1441 View Post
I usually had TC=Off with my GSXS. Same with the Triple (more "complex" setup though.. have to turn it off in "Bike Setup" for "Rider mode").

TC=1 (GSXS) will in certain conditions allow a huuge wheelie until the ECU notices that the front wheel is not spinning as fast as the rear.

Huge being about a foot or two, it feels bigger than it really is (and thats me clutching it straight up) then the power is killed down and comes down gently not abruptly which is quite nice. I cant see you getting any higher than a foot, maybe 2. Its a quick reacting system, and I am glad. wouldn't be much good if it cant detect instantly conditions that could have you wreck.

I really enjoy having Tc1 on and WOT, knowing it'll keep it down yet take off like a rocket with a little lift between gears. its pretty orgasmic actually.
post #16 of 35 Old 07-28-2018, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Huge being about a foot or two, it feels bigger than it really is (and thats me clutching it straight up) then the power is killed down and comes down gently not abruptly which is quite nice. I cant see you getting any higher than a foot, maybe 2. Its a quick reacting system, and I am glad. wouldn't be much good if it cant detect instantly conditions that could have you wreck.

I really enjoy having Tc1 on and WOT, knowing it'll keep it down yet take off like a rocket with a little lift between gears. its pretty orgasmic actually.
I got over my wheelie lust with my FZ-07. It would wheelie pretty easy, and I never became "good" at it, but it would lift on command. I don't think I've gotten my GSXS F front wheel off the ground more than a couple inches and that's OK for me. Now I just want a bike that goes where I want, quickly, with good handling, and able to get me squirted through the hole that's closing around me because the two driver beside me can't see whats beside them because their cell phones in the way.
bking1441 and oldjackbob like this.
post #17 of 35 Old 11-28-2018, 10:56 PM
DDay

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Typically In good conditions I leave it on three for the first 15-20 minutes of riding But once I got the tires warm enough I’ll turn it off,I live in the desert so cold and wet aren’t typically a problem but if they become a problem for whatever reason I just leave it on three...The GSXS-1000 is the first bike I’ve ever had with traction control so it feels A little unnatural to me When Riding in a “spirited” manner But I don’t see the harm in it when conditions are not optimal in which case I’m going to be riding very conservatively anyway so I don’t find it as obtrusive
oldjackbob likes this.
post #18 of 35 Old 04-13-2019, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I use 2 all the time , I've had a little go of changing settings but I've not really noticed anything ,but I didn't trash it so my Input is not very valuable ,only have bike 4 weeks .
oldjackbob likes this.
post #19 of 35 Old 06-10-2019, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Been riding for over 30 years and never had a bike with TC till this one. Initially rode everywhere with it off, but due to the snatchiness of the throttle on this bike I now leave the TC permanently on no.3. Doesn't eliminate the snatchiness, just makes it a bit better.
post #20 of 35 Old 06-10-2019, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Garage
Been riding since 1963; and this is my first bike with TC.

I have never had an accident, and never laid a bike down.
I have have had more than a few speeding tickets - oh well.

I leave TC off all the time unless the roads are wet / slick.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page