GSXS 1000 Forum banner

rebound and compression settings

6K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Cainus83 
#1 ·
guy, can you advise what is the right rebound and compression settings for gsx s1000z.
I am 97 kilos

#2 ·
The owners manual gives excellent instructions for adjusting suspension. Being light, 150 lbs/68 kilos, I softened up two clicks front and one click back and it's fine now. If I had the naked version I would have gone two clicks in the back as they come from the factory with different settings in the rear. You just have to make adjustments until you find the setting you like.

#3 ·
I weigh 10lbs more than you and I have my rear preload in the middle at #3 and the rebound at 1 turn back from full CW. I will need to get back on the front. However I will tell you that I like to go with a softer preload and a bit more rebound. It smooths out the bumps on some of the New England roads.

#4 ·
You have to set the preload with respect to your weight, but rebound and compression is something personal, more related to the type of roads you usually ride and your riding style...

Some people might give you advise about their settings and that might be totally wrong for you, even if it works perfectly for them...

This page is very informative about it:
https://gsx-s.info/suspension-sag-setup/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.