LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 06-05-2019, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FI light 2019 model Holeshot package

Hi there,

I am just about to pull the trigger on a new bike. I want to install Holeshot’s complete package but if I can’t get rid of the FI light it will make me crazy and will be a deal breaker. Richard at Dynojet said their O2 optimizer, part# 66391258 will solve this problem.

Has anyone had a similar set up and had success with the 2018-2019 models? I like Holeshot’s products and had great results with my Mk1 B12 and his products. Any feedback would be very much appreciated!
post #2 of 10 Old 06-06-2019, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Garage
I have used and still use Holeshot for a lot of product and advice. To the best of my knowledge, the only way way to kill the FI light with this setup on the 2018 & 2019 is to flash the ECU shutting off the O2 Sensor. Check out Dano's (ECU Flashing) for mail in flashing services - many here have used him. This is not an issue on the 2016 & 2017 models.
frog4aday likes this.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-07-2019, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
I 2nd dano over holeshot. Just do it, don't worry about anything else.

post #4 of 10 Old 06-08-2019, 04:04 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywalker View Post
Hi there,

I am just about to pull the trigger on a new bike. I want to install Holeshot’s complete package but if I can’t get rid of the FI light it will make me crazy and will be a deal breaker. Richard at Dynojet said their O2 optimizer, part# 66391258 will solve this problem.

Has anyone had a similar set up and had success with the 2018-2019 models? I like Holeshot’s products and had great results with my Mk1 B12 and his products. Any feedback would be very much appreciated!
The package comes complete with the 02 eliminator which will fix the error. Unless i'm missing something it shouldn't matter that its a 2019. All years produce an error if the
02 sensor is removed. Your options then are to install an 02 eliminator eg. Healtech servo eliminator, or via an ECU flash. Both are effective.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #5 of 10 Old 06-08-2019, 06:14 AM

Garage
In my last conversation Dale at Holeshot, the O2 eliminator does not turn off the FI on the '18 & '19.

Need the flash to turn off the O2.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-08-2019, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXS-NH View Post
In my last conversation Dale at Holeshot, the O2 eliminator does not turn off the FI on the '18 & '19.

If you need the flash it kind of nullifies the Holeshot route, unless there is something I am missing?
post #7 of 10 Old 06-08-2019, 11:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywalker View Post
If you need the flash it kind of nullifies the Holeshot route, unless there is something I am missing?

Some people like the tune / map Holeshot has (me being one), others like the map Dano has, other like PC5, etc... When you flash with Dano you elect what to include or exclude. You can exclude Dano's map and just turn off O2, PAIR, RPM limiter, etc... All depends on what mods you have made and what you desire.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-08-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:

That's strange. Dale lists and utilises the Healtech servo eliminator. If you go to healtechs website it shows the servo eliminator for all years including 2019. Sounds like miscommunication or Dale wasn't aware they updated the product tables to include later year models.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2019-06-09-03-07-51_1560013915302.png (218.0 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Cainus83; 06-08-2019 at 01:43 PM.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-08-2019, 03:25 PM

Garage
Do not confuse the Servo eliminator (for Exhaust Valve Actuator) with the O2 eliminator (for O2 sensor).

If you pull out / unplug the O2 sensor, you get the FI light. The O2 eliminator worked great on the '16 & '17. If you recall, in 2018 Suzuki re-programmed the ECU to help with the throttle snatch, and then in '19 added their version of a Throttle Tamer. As of last fall, the O2 eliminator did not disable the FI indicator on the '18 & '19 re-programmed ECU for whatever reason. It is certainly possible the O2 eliminator has been updated in the past 5 or 6 months to correct this.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-09-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Do not confuse the Servo eliminator (for Exhaust Valve Actuator) with the O2 eliminator (for O2 sensor).

If you pull out / unplug the O2 sensor, you get the FI light. The O2 eliminator worked great on the '16 & '17. If you recall, in 2018 Suzuki re-programmed the ECU to help with the throttle snatch, and then in '19 added their version of a Throttle Tamer. As of last fall, the O2 eliminator did not disable the FI indicator on the '18 & '19 re-programmed ECU for whatever reason. It is certainly possible the O2 eliminator has been updated in the past 5 or 6 months to correct this.
I was looking for the eliminator plugs over the weekend and none provide enough information to guarantee it would work with 2018 and 2019 models. Maybe someone who has done it can confirm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page