GSXS 1000 Forum banner

GSXS K5 Engine Covers

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  countryleaves 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if these would fit a 2018 gsxs? I know the engine is based on the k5 but don't know if there were any changes around the areas that covers would go on.

#4 ·
The reality is the engine is based on the K7, and is configured quite differently from the K5-6, with the sump moved to the other side and the exhaust headers are a different size on the K7 and on the GSXS; Suzuki spared no expense on the K5-6, weighing in at 168kg dry; it had titanium valves, valve springs and complete titanium exhaust. It won the 05 and 06 Superbike championship with Troy Corser. The GSXS weighs a whopping 209kg dry, with the heavy exhaust system, catalytic converter and so forth. I own both, and you can never make a GSXS1000 into a K5-6. I have tried, proper rear shock by Wilbers, 4 into one pipes with no turkey baster and many other modifications. They are what they are, a good bike at a cheap price using the K7 motor which you will remember was a heavy thing, hydraulic clutch, twin steel exhausts and was almost as heavy as the GSXS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.