8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 10-27-2019, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Fatbar

is there any fatbar that make it look more like a super sport ?
post #2 of 22 Old 10-27-2019, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Could you please be a little more specific? What does a "super sport" look like?
post #3 of 22 Old 10-28-2019, 12:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Clip ons? Pretty sure that's been covered in other threads. Suzuki also make a gsx-r.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.

post #4 of 22 Old 10-28-2019, 05:51 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
….the irony is that the very reason for the GSX-S existence is supposed to be get away from the GSX-R clip-ons, to give it a bit more comfort for the streets.
post #5 of 22 Old 10-28-2019, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
the problem for some of us is we cant insure the GSXR series bikes. insurance around here wont cover 'supersport' bikes but I was able to insure the GSXS bike... and I would like to 'convert' it to more of a supersport bike.
oldjackbob likes this.
post #6 of 22 Old 10-28-2019, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I have the Driven SBK bar on mine, it's about 30mm lower than the stock bar, anything lower and you will start running into issues with the bar hitting the tank fairing when at full lock. One nice thing about running this bar is that it allows you to use a 2" Rox Riser without having to lengthen any cables, so you can run it low for track days and canyon runs, and then put on the risers for longer rides to get a little more comfort, only takes a few minutes to switch between the two. Here are some pics of my bike with the Driven bar and no riser to give you an idea of what it looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81967850-22D_2221.jpg (418.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190811_134954_EDITED_ZOOM.jpg (215.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190724_180829_EDITED.jpg (469.0 KB, 31 views)
gsxsdave likes this.
post #7 of 22 Old 10-29-2019, 02:01 AM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanswv17 View Post
I have the Driven SBK bar on mine, it's about 30mm lower than the stock bar, anything lower and you will start running into issues with the bar hitting the tank fairing when at full lock. One nice thing about running this bar is that it allows you to use a 2" Rox Riser without having to lengthen any cables, so you can run it low for track days and canyon runs, and then put on the risers for longer rides to get a little more comfort, only takes a few minutes to switch between the two. Here are some pics of my bike with the Driven bar and no riser to give you an idea of what it looks like.
Very nice. I was looking into getting a Rox riser to do something similar being that it looks like it might work with the Toby steering damper. Nice to know that there's enough pseudo bar to fit the slightly offset handlebar clamp.

I'm currently using a Renthal Fatbar Street Low instead, which I rolled back to be more perpendicular with the forks instead of parallel to the ground. Feels like a mix between sportbike and supermoto. Could probably use a little more sweep though as being leaned forward feels a little harder on the wrists if you don't maintain elbows out.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
post #8 of 22 Old 10-31-2019, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Once you modify or "convert" it to a super sport you will have to notify the insurance to stay legally covered anyway so I cant really see the point of the excersize.
post #9 of 22 Old 10-31-2019, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon View Post
Once you modify or "convert" it to a super sport you will have to notify the insurance to stay legally covered anyway so I cant really see the point of the excersize.
So swapping a handlebar requires that I notify my insurance company because now the bike's a super sport??

Sorry, I'm not buying that. I didn't have to notify them when I swapped my mirrors, lol.
broncsrule21 and gsxsdave like this.
post #10 of 22 Old 11-01-2019, 06:23 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjackbob View Post
So swapping a handlebar requires that I notify my insurance company because now the bike's a super sport??

Sorry, I'm not buying that. I didn't have to notify them when I swapped my mirrors, lol.
what about power commander sticker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page