• 1 Post By PhuketPaul

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-28-2018, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz1234 View Post
Don't know bout the 750 but I went up one tooth on the counter shaft on my GXS1000 and I like it much much better. Tamed the beast a bit but still has gobs of power. Also a bit better on the top end on an occasional cruise.
That's like having the rear go down by 3 teeth.
Seeing the torque is so strong on the 1000, I had no trouble taking off in 2nd gear, so I think for the 1000 as tourer focused, that would be the right move.
Getting a bigger toothed front sprocket means that the chain adjustment range is better as things wear, there is then room to slide the wheel backwards.
I have changed both sprockets on a Bandit 1250 or 2 to get the wheel to come to the middle point of the adjustment range as per stock chain length.
The wheelbase stays the same in that case as I was happy to keep it that way.

Rob.
post #2 of 8 Old 11-28-2018, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsemperfi View Post
Anyone experiment with different tooth sprockets for the 750? I am thinking about going a tooth or two lower on the rear for some RPM reduction on the top end. Since you can can start from second gear at a stop I doubt it would hamper low speed operations very much. I did the same on a YZ250 a long time ago and really liked it but I've never messed with a sprocket on a street bike. Cruising at 5000 RPM on the highway seems a bit excessive...
When Suzuki bought out the revised GSX-S750 in 2017 they went down 1 in the rear to improve the acceleration even though they were giving the engine more power and torque at the same time. The 750 engine is more of a screamer than the 1000 with far less low down torque than the 1000. So I would imagine +1 on the front will have significant affect on the response and the drivability of the 750.

That said I wish we could have the 750 gearbox ratios in the 1000, as the 750 has a 20% larger spread in rations than the close ratio 1000 gearbox
post #3 of 8 Old 11-28-2018, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Quote:
Cruising at 5000 RPM on the highway seems a bit excessive...
seems pretty smooth and comfortable ...never thought of it as excessive..and dont know for sure but id guess its in the rpm range of other 1000s sport bikes and the rr gang....they may rev higher but mph and rpm are probably the same as the all mighty s......enjoy it for what it is ....my harley 3000 rpm doing 70 hows that sound

post #4 of 8 Old 11-28-2018, 11:34 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Cruising at 5000 RPM on the highway seems a bit excessive...
70 Mph is 5117RPM as stock
  • -1 rear 4998 RPM (-119RPM)
  • -2 rear 4797 RPM (-238RPM)

Hardly noticeable difference IMHO but you will notice the difference in response
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page