LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-18-2019, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Clip Ons

Hey ya'll,

So after trying some different handle bars I'm interested in trying some Woodcraft clip ons. I called Woodcraft and they said they do have some for the 18' GSX-S750 and I'd just need to measure and figure out what rise I want. Looking at my bike the stock fairings around the headlight and the mounts for my Puig Windscreen look like they would be in the way. So I've discovered I spend a lot of time going fast on the highway tucked on my tank and the handlebars are horrible for this. It feels like you're actually reaching up for them even though you are not in reality. I know there will be more pressure on my wrists and hands when not tucking but I commute 180 miles twice a month (75 mph speed limit, NV & AZ are nice and with clip ons I would be able to get a more comfortable tuck. I would like to find a happy medium as the bars I have tried didn't work for me.

Anyone have any experience with clip ons on the 750 or 1000? Tank and fairing clearance? Cable routing and clearance? Also, I measure my forks below the tripple tree (where Woodcraft says to install clamp) and I keep getting different measurements on my micrometer. I think the tubes are somewhere between 49 and 51 mm. Anyone know exactly what size they are?

Also, I just sent off my ECU to Dano's to then send to Woolrich to derive a bin file for the 18' GSX-S750 ECU's that are currently not available. So I should have it back in a bit and the bin will be unlocked for anyone else to purchase (without Dan having to send ECU off to Woolrich). I look forward to giving you all a report on the flash.

Thanks,

JJ

Last edited by jjsemperfi; 04-18-2019 at 09:11 PM.
post #2 of 6 Old 04-18-2019, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
JJ,

Please be specific on which bike you're talking about. This is a 1000 forum. There's no law against discussing other bikes, but if you're asking for specifics (such as what's the fork tube diameter) make sure that you're very clear on the model you're talking about. You mentioned both the 1000 and the 750 so I'm not real clear at this point.

That being said, I just went out into the garage and measured the fork tube on my 1000F just below the upper triple tree and it's 1.966 inches, which translates to 49.94 mm rounded to the nearest hundredth. I'm calling that 50 mm.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-18-2019, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Sorry about that. I have the 18' 750. Perfect, that was the most consistent measurement I was getting (about 1.966") but I wanted to make sure.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-19-2019, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Hey JJ,

I owe you a HUGE apology, dude - I just saw that this is in fact the 750 discussion forum. My bad, and I owe you a beer sir!
post #5 of 6 Old 04-19-2019, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Seems crazy to buy a nekkid bike and then put clip-ons on it, but to each his own.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-19-2019, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharger View Post
Seems crazy to buy a nekkid bike and then put clip-ons on it, but to each his own.
Why not blend features to make an even better bike! Instead of a $10K-$13K sport bike I have a $7K naked / sport. Makes sense to me.
oldjackbob likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page